Saturday, March 16, 2013

SLEEP? What is that?

Everytime I have surgery it seems that I loose a lot of sleep.  I cannot get comfortable.  And then when I do it is only a few min to an hour long.  I do take it when it comes.  Just wish it was when everyone else was sleeping.
This surgery has been honestly the hardest.  I don't know why.  Maybe because I am way out of shape, older and a bit more plump.  I just wish it wasn't that way.  This is 10 for me.  I mean that is insane to think about NEVER having one before till just 5 years ago.  Most of them were Lithrotripsy (sorry on the spelling) so it wasn't really surgery as it was blasting kidney stones out of my body.
The Dr did a really good job.  I can tell because even to move it in the slightest makes me want to curl up and cry.  I get to shower tomorrow.  YAY I know to some it's like... uh that is gross.  But I did take a bath but only got to wash my important parts and from my waist down pretty much.  Did try to wash arms and armpits.  But that was hard because I could not get much help from my left arm.  Which was held tightly to my side to not move at all.
Washed my hair once since Tuesday and you can totally tell.  Hahaha.
So many blessings have happened.  Seth took off the rest of the week to be with me.  I LOVED that.  He has been waiting on me hand and foot.  And though it hurts my feelings.  He gets upset with me if I try to help out in any way.  I mean come on I am just trying to pick up a piece of trash off the floor and get "yelled" at. Not really yelled but more stern.
The kids have been pretty much the same except for the fact that they have been very careful about my arm. And if someone hurts it they get mad at that person.  In which I return and say "It wasn't done with violence towards me.
Time is slow and I feel more and more depressed because I can't do anything.  And then I think "Maybe while Seth is gone I can do something"   but he has been very good at keeping up the house.  And making sure the kids done harm themselves.
I am hoping to loose some weight before Ashlynn's wedding.  I totally am excited for that.  I am also excited to see how their invitations will turn out.  I got to have the opportunity to take photos for them.  And I think some of them turned out so CUTE!
I guess that is pretty much it.  I am going to try to sleep.  HAHHAH A but at least I am trying. 

1 comment:

Laus said...

Go Seth! Sorry you are sad. It is hard when you feel like you are of no use because you can't do things and it is a double blow on top to have to have people help you because it makes you (me) feel like a burden. That said, this really is but a small moment and if you can last the pampering you really are due, you will be able to do more and for longer throughout your life. Let me or Steve know how we can help. I am down on Tues every week now.