Saturday, March 9, 2013

OH boy here we go again.

 I know I posted this on Facebook but after some people who are on here have called to 
ask how and what is going on with Logan.   So here it goes.   

For one week Logan was really achy.   He kept complaining and I just told him that he 
must be having growing pains.   Because he had no fever, no other symptoms like cough, 
runny nose, red ring around his eyes.   Ya know.   Sick.   

So I took him into the Dr office on Tuesday (Even though he had no fever) and our Dr said 
"It must be growing pains and that he should be fine.   That night he spiked a fever of 
104.   I gave him Motrin and sent him to bed.   He came up around 4 and gave him more 
and back to bed.   On Wed. Morning he was really lethargic and not being his little happy 
self.   So I gave him some more medication and then took his temp a half an hour later.   
His fever didn't drop.   So I called the Dr to see what we should do.   

They said to come back in.   So we did.   Which resulted in blood testing, and swabbing and 
an XRay.   They said that they will call that evening and tell us what the results said.   That 
evening they said that everything looks good but they still had to wait for the 24 hour 
results.   

Cue Thursday night where a frantic nurse calls and says "Please bring your son to the 
afterhours asap."   Seth did that for me because he is amazing.   He calls me a hour later 
and he said that they were headed to the hospital.   They had found bacteria in his culture 
and that they wanted to make sure that they had him on antibiotics and another blood 
test to make sure that it was just an error and a containment from the vial it was put in.   

So Seth spent the night and I took the kids to school and joined him at the Hospital.   The 
Dr. finally came in and said that we had to wait till 5 pm to see if it was a containment but 
that he thought that was the case/   But he was happy that we came in and got him on 
antibodies just in case.   

At 8 last night we were home and happy.   Logan is kind of mad that we are not waiting 
on him hand and foot and bringing him treats and water whenever he asks.   He is almost 
back to himself which is a blessing.   Thank you for all those who were concerned.  

I am going in for surgery on Tuesday which I am also thankful for.  Because they were telling me that I was going to have to pay 2000 up front to have it done.  I told them that I don't have that kind of money just lying around.  So they told me to go down and talk to them.  I did and we got it all sorted out.  YAY!  Lucky for me that I was already at the hospital and just went down for ten min and did all that was needed and got it sorted out. 

No comments: