Can I just say I LOVE! This time of year. Not only for the cooler weather, beautiful leaves and lovely smells of fire places burning. But for us (Latter Day Saints) have a thing called General Conference. I LOVE it! I love getting rejuvenated and feelings of being blessed by our Heavenly Father. This time around was so different. There was always the wonderful talks given by the authorities of the first Presidency The beautiful music provided by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The biggest surprise was the announcement of the new age that Latter Day Saint missionaries can now serve. The ages used to be 19 for men and 21 for women who were ready and worthy to serve. Now it is 18 if graduated from High school and 19 for women. Who are worthy and ready.
I was so surprised. I was also really excited to learn that my sister Ashley is going to be putting in her papers in 5 months. So she can be ready to serve. I am excited. And yet at the same time sad. I love my family. And none of us have ever been apart for more than a month without seeing each other. BUT I do know that she will be one of the best missionaries ever. She will also be a great example to my children. This big thing might have a greater effect on our family then we expect. But only one thing at a time.
I loved these talks . You can read, listen or even watch them when they become available. But my top five speakers would have to be
1. Elder Dallin H. Oaks
2. Elder Jeffery R. Holland
3. Ann M. Dibb
4. Henry B. Eyring
5. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
All of them were beautiful. BUT I LOVED all of the above the best. I hope you will take time to listen and feel the love.
I can't wait to listen to them again and again and be able to act upon what was asked of us. I LOVE my religion. My family. My life and it just keeps getting better.
I know.
I live.
I Love Christ.
I was so surprised. I was also really excited to learn that my sister Ashley is going to be putting in her papers in 5 months. So she can be ready to serve. I am excited. And yet at the same time sad. I love my family. And none of us have ever been apart for more than a month without seeing each other. BUT I do know that she will be one of the best missionaries ever. She will also be a great example to my children. This big thing might have a greater effect on our family then we expect. But only one thing at a time.
I loved these talks . You can read, listen or even watch them when they become available. But my top five speakers would have to be
1. Elder Dallin H. Oaks
2. Elder Jeffery R. Holland
3. Ann M. Dibb
4. Henry B. Eyring
5. Dieter F. Uchtdorf
All of them were beautiful. BUT I LOVED all of the above the best. I hope you will take time to listen and feel the love.
I can't wait to listen to them again and again and be able to act upon what was asked of us. I LOVE my religion. My family. My life and it just keeps getting better.
I know.
I live.
I Love Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment