Saturday, September 29, 2012

Stones, feet and other exciting things

Well here we go again.  I getting used to it now.  I'm good for pretty much half a year.  Then when June/July hit I get hit with all sorts for physical trials.  It is insane.  I mean... How many people have as many things happen to them as I do?  
Lets see this
June is when it all started had surgery for my shoulder
Then I was pretty good.  
ER visits twice for a pain in my side.  Then I decided that I am not going to take "We don't know what is wrong.  Just go home and take it easy ."  Anymore.  I mean common.  There is always something.  Even if the doctors cant find anything.  There is always some underline thing going on.  I know they say there is phantom pain, chronic pain.  But it has to be from something.  I know there is.  
So I went in and had my kidneys looked at.  3 stones.  2 on the right and 1 on the left.  The one on the left was 5 mm.  And that is pretty big for a stone to be taking a vacation down the ureter.  So I had it blasted out of there.  Can I just say that now when I lay on my tummy it doesn't send a huge pain down my back to my front.  
Then there is the fun thing where I tried to kick a soccer ball and totally Charlie Browned it.  I went to kick it and ended up on my back.  Causing my right foot to be in a bit of pain.  Went to the insta care and had them take care of it.  But then it got worse.  Went in to see a foot doc and now I "get" to have my feet worked on.  I have what they call tailor bunions.  Where they are on the pinkie toe instead of the big toe.  So I have two nice big (they don't look big but the Dr says they are) bunions.  So this coming week I'm going to have surgery.  What are they going to do??  They are going to basically break the two little toes on the end.  Then pin them so they will start to grow straight.  One this month then another one in about 6 weeks after.  So I will not be able to do much after that.  
Sigh.  Which means I cant work out.  Which means back to NO carbs, NO sweets.  Till I can get back on my feet again.  BUT I will eat sweets every so often.  Because... Um  Hello who can live without sweets??  I for one cannot.  And if some certain presidents wife takes that right from me.  She will have a wrath of a very mad woman. 
Ok well I hope that made sense.  

Congrats to my friends having babies.  Especially Stephanie who just had twins.  SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!  They make cute little babies.  
Anyways.... have fun.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup, those are crappy. I actually have bunions and tailors bunions on both my feet. Since I wear shoes rarely and can rarely manage heels any more because of leg pain I tend to wear my shoes somewhere, then take them off. Fortunately that means that I haven't had to bother with treating my feet :) Yet. I have exactly one pair of shoes I can stand to wear when I go out, but they're totally thrashed. Ugh, I hate finding new ones!
And I just want to make sure you're not lumping "phantom pain" and "chronic pain" together ;) Totally different. Though both are really crappy, lol.

Angie Page said...

I'm so glad they found the problem in your kidneys. Nothing worse than not knowing why you're in pain. Good luck with the surgery on your feet. I hope it goes well. We'll be thinking about you.