Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Over said and done

So this week has been Crazy!  Christmas, Family, pressies... you know the per usual holiday stuff.  Man I have been horrible at writing.  It doesn't help that I feel like I am pretty much talking to myself.  But you know what.  I need to do this because it's pretty much the only type of journalism I do.  (I know gasp! Jan and Jen) but really I feel like my life is pretty much the same day to day.
Get up, eat, read, type on the computer, make sure I don't do to much to over do it, nap, clean, pick kids up from school,  tell them over and over again to do their home work, get yelled at for being the Meanest mom in the world for making them do such "horrible" things, cook dinner, clean yet again, read scriptures, and go do bed.
Yep I know exciting.  Hold on there is more... JK nope there isn't.  bwahahahaha  I am so funny.  Anyways.... so this year we decided that Christmas was going to be small but fun.  We had a surprise and had our pass of all passes for the family bought for us by some really amazing people. (who shall be unnamed) but it meant the world to us.  All the kids got to buy a gift for the person they drew for and got to help mom and dad buy a gift for each other.  Then mom and dad bought new clothes and a toy for each of the kids.  They loved everything they got so it was perfect.  Not to much and not to little.   Then we went out to Seth parents house and had "breakfast" at 1.  Then Corilee (seth's mother) did a story and told all the kids what their gifts were about.  The parents got some stuff for food storage.  So it was nice.

Then off to my parents house to have dinner.  We had fun there also and the boys got books and Danni got a strawberry shortcake movie box.  It had five movies.  She is in Girly girl heaven.  LOL.  I got a nice sweater, silk shirt and a skirt from my mom.  Seth got a sweater!!  Its really pretty.  Oh and Danni got a purple dress and the boys got purple ties.  

Oh I totally forgot.  Adam and Stacey had us for Christmas.  So she I say she because I am very sure Adam didn't do any shopping.  Got Seth a Office calender that has quotes from the show for each day of 2012 and the movie "The Great Outdoors".  She gave me a beautiful black and red scarf and some of my most favorite bath and body works relaxation lotion.  Mmmmmmmmmmmm  its my favorite.

I am grateful for all the things that have happened this year.  I know times are going to be harder as the years come.  But I know that if I keep up on my reading of the scriptures, prayer and kindness it will not be as hard as it could be.

Oh and I have lost a total of 34 lbs!!!  YAY!  I am totally excited.  I am very sure my Heavenly Father is right with me and has a hand in all things.  When I am tempted to eat something I say a prayer in my heart and the temptation is gone.

I also wanted to add in that I talked to my Grandma Rusch tonight.  I love hearing her voice and her sweetness over the phone.  When she talks it takes me back when I was little and her reading the Bearnstine Bear books to me and my siblings.  It also takes me back to when she was young and so full of life.  It breaks my heart to know that she is old and getting older.  Soon she will not be with me here on this earth. But I know that I will see her again when it does happen and that we will be together forever.
I learn so much more about her each time I talk to her.  She is a strong person who think she isn't.  She is so much more stronger than anyone I know.

I just wanted to share that with my few readers.  :D

Hope you all have a fun and safe New Year and make sure that when you make your resolutions that they are not only good for you but that they make you a better person.  And that God has a hand in all things.  So its better if you let him in then trying to  keep him out. 

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I may not comment often but I read every post you write. So you aren't just talking to yourself. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I think all of us have more readers than our comments show. :) that's so cool you lost 34 pounds! Way to go!!

Angie Page said...

Sounds like it was a nice Christmas! I love the memories of reading Bearnstine Bears with your grandmother. That's sweet.

Alyssa said...

Yeah, sometimes I measure how much I am loved by the number of comments my posts get too... :)

We got Pass of All Passes for Christmas too! Love it.

Thanks for mentioning how you pray when you are tempted to eat. Why have I never thought of that? The Lord watches over us in all things and I am glad you feel His help! Congrats on your success!