I think a lot of us loose real sight of what CHRISTmas is about. Yes I know..... that C is the only thing that is supposed to be capitalized in this word. But really.... what is this season mean to you? When I was young of course it was presents. Then when I was about 15 I really didn't care much about what I got. Then when I got married it was about giving. I LOVE to give gifts. I think it is one of my most favorite thing about this time of year. Giving. A lot of my friends. And I mean A LOT of them are really depressed. And for good reason. This economy is really the pits for most of them. Having to have so many things pilled up onto each other. Bills, Payments, debt collectors calling every day to get money from you. (We have them too)
But for some reason..... really it has never put a damper on my view of giving. Our family has this tradition that every year as soon as we get our first pay check of December we go out and do something for another family. I have one in mind already and I am totally excited. We do secret Santa. The very first year it wasn't a secret. Because we wanted the kids to see the happiness it can bring to others. We told them that from that point on we dont tell anyone about our little secret and just feel happy and warm. We also talked about how we need to be more giving and more aware of other people then what we get.
Ah I just LOVE this time of year. I know that some hate it. But I for one LOVE it!!!!
I also wanted to let you all know what has been going on. Since know all of you watch for a new post of mine. LOL you check it out every day. ;) JK
Anyways.... I have been doing ok. I have been really sick (I know shocker right) I haven't been able to keep food down for three days. Today was the first day I was able to keep anything down. NO its not the Flu. No fever, no aches, no other flu type symptoms. And also the GI doc said "nope not the flu" So guess what??? I "get" to have a video camera shoved down my throat to see what is going on in there. Jealous?? Yes I knew you guys all were. I feel like I have been dragged. BUT I am totally going to Seth's work party. Because of 2 reasons. A) I helped my mom make my dress I am going to wear. And B) It's at the Grand America hotel. HELLO!!!! Who would want to miss that? NOT me!
I hope that is good for now. I am tired. And I am finally falling asleep. :D Love you all!!!
But for some reason..... really it has never put a damper on my view of giving. Our family has this tradition that every year as soon as we get our first pay check of December we go out and do something for another family. I have one in mind already and I am totally excited. We do secret Santa. The very first year it wasn't a secret. Because we wanted the kids to see the happiness it can bring to others. We told them that from that point on we dont tell anyone about our little secret and just feel happy and warm. We also talked about how we need to be more giving and more aware of other people then what we get.
Ah I just LOVE this time of year. I know that some hate it. But I for one LOVE it!!!!
I also wanted to let you all know what has been going on. Since know all of you watch for a new post of mine. LOL you check it out every day. ;) JK
Anyways.... I have been doing ok. I have been really sick (I know shocker right) I haven't been able to keep food down for three days. Today was the first day I was able to keep anything down. NO its not the Flu. No fever, no aches, no other flu type symptoms. And also the GI doc said "nope not the flu" So guess what??? I "get" to have a video camera shoved down my throat to see what is going on in there. Jealous?? Yes I knew you guys all were. I feel like I have been dragged. BUT I am totally going to Seth's work party. Because of 2 reasons. A) I helped my mom make my dress I am going to wear. And B) It's at the Grand America hotel. HELLO!!!! Who would want to miss that? NOT me!
I hope that is good for now. I am tired. And I am finally falling asleep. :D Love you all!!!
2 comments:
Hope the camera down the throat is a good finder.
Let us know if we can help out with ANYthing!
Upper Digestive Scope? (esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD). They're not bad, actually. I've had it done many times. They use a sedative but not full anesthesia so you're unconscious for the procedure but it doesn't leave you wiped out for very long. It only takes a few minutes and you wake up pretty quickly afterward. I've had trouble with throat pain a few times -- when they've dilated my esophagus or when I've had several biopsies. Other than that it's really easy. Don't worry about it!
I've also had the manometry study (measures the efficiency of your esophageal muscles and the modified barium swallow. They both have to be done fully conscious and are a lot nastier. (Meaning -- if they choose to do anything more there's a good chance I've had it done before and can let you know what it's like!).
Good luck! Hopefully they find some answers for you.
Post a Comment