Hey!
So have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE sugar.....no?? Well let me tell you. It is kind of embarrasing but I think I have to admit this on my step to being healthy.
I love sugar so much that yesterday I cried. No... more like bawled that I couldnt have ice cream. Seriously I bawled for like 10 min alone in my room. My day was going bad. Really bad. And all I wanted to do was to go out and get ice cream and eat till I was sick. Then I got down prayed and felt so much better. I knew I could do this. Then today i was thinking about a way I might be able to have sugar. But my sweet hubby reminded me that there is no cheating. I was offended at first. But then I realized he was right. And tonight I had my roasted chicken and 3 freaking cups of broccoli. *sigh* (woe is me moment here)
So truthfully though. Is it so sad that I bawled.... Yes. Am I lost? No. I feel like I am finally feeling like Heavenly Father is totally there for me. He is there even if it is as simple as trying to loose weight. (oh but dont get me wrong I still want my ice cream) I just have to chew sugar free gum. Right now it is a life saver. If I dont have my gum..... well lets just say that I am a more polite person when I have my gum.
Also I didnt realize how "addicted" I was. Seriously having major with drawls here.
Ok well enough about that.....
This week I did alot of thinking. And while thinking I was thinking that I have gotten lazy. Like I dont want to do anything lazy. My house.... well the living room and most of the living area's upstairs are amazing. The things downstairs where no one really goes.... that is another world in itself. SO with that. I have challenged myself to go and do more things about the house through out the day.
As I have started I feel better about my house. But then (seriously I think Karma is out to get me or something) I fell down my cement stairs on my way out to drop the kids off to school. I had made the most perfect smoothie (no chunks at all) ( oh and if you see seth tell him that it would be awesome to get his wife a bend tech... Just sayin) with a blender that is way old and cant blend up a friggin frozen blueberry. So I had that in my hand when I fell. Well I had it all over my face, my shirt that I just washed, my ONLY Pants and... My newly washed hair. Oh I was ticked. VERY TICKED. I might have said some colorful words that rhyme with fam and yell. Just being honest here.
You know that brings up another point. I NEVER swore ever. Well once when I got my hand slammed with a van door pretty that is shut on my hand. Anyways....................... but ever since Ethan was 6 or 7 I have let those two words fly out of my mouth when I am VERY mad or VERY scared. Yeah good times. (working on not saying those words)
Ok well I guess that is all.... I know I lead a very exciting life. Dont worry next time I might write about folding my laundry... hahahahahahhaha folding laundry hahahhhahahahha (no seriously I dont like to fold my laundry. I have a HUGE pile of clean clothes sitting on my downstairs couch)
So have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE sugar.....no?? Well let me tell you. It is kind of embarrasing but I think I have to admit this on my step to being healthy.
I love sugar so much that yesterday I cried. No... more like bawled that I couldnt have ice cream. Seriously I bawled for like 10 min alone in my room. My day was going bad. Really bad. And all I wanted to do was to go out and get ice cream and eat till I was sick. Then I got down prayed and felt so much better. I knew I could do this. Then today i was thinking about a way I might be able to have sugar. But my sweet hubby reminded me that there is no cheating. I was offended at first. But then I realized he was right. And tonight I had my roasted chicken and 3 freaking cups of broccoli. *sigh* (woe is me moment here)
So truthfully though. Is it so sad that I bawled.... Yes. Am I lost? No. I feel like I am finally feeling like Heavenly Father is totally there for me. He is there even if it is as simple as trying to loose weight. (oh but dont get me wrong I still want my ice cream) I just have to chew sugar free gum. Right now it is a life saver. If I dont have my gum..... well lets just say that I am a more polite person when I have my gum.
Also I didnt realize how "addicted" I was. Seriously having major with drawls here.
Ok well enough about that.....
This week I did alot of thinking. And while thinking I was thinking that I have gotten lazy. Like I dont want to do anything lazy. My house.... well the living room and most of the living area's upstairs are amazing. The things downstairs where no one really goes.... that is another world in itself. SO with that. I have challenged myself to go and do more things about the house through out the day.
As I have started I feel better about my house. But then (seriously I think Karma is out to get me or something) I fell down my cement stairs on my way out to drop the kids off to school. I had made the most perfect smoothie (no chunks at all) ( oh and if you see seth tell him that it would be awesome to get his wife a bend tech... Just sayin) with a blender that is way old and cant blend up a friggin frozen blueberry. So I had that in my hand when I fell. Well I had it all over my face, my shirt that I just washed, my ONLY Pants and... My newly washed hair. Oh I was ticked. VERY TICKED. I might have said some colorful words that rhyme with fam and yell. Just being honest here.
You know that brings up another point. I NEVER swore ever. Well once when I got my hand slammed with a van door pretty that is shut on my hand. Anyways....................... but ever since Ethan was 6 or 7 I have let those two words fly out of my mouth when I am VERY mad or VERY scared. Yeah good times. (working on not saying those words)
Ok well I guess that is all.... I know I lead a very exciting life. Dont worry next time I might write about folding my laundry... hahahahahahhaha folding laundry hahahhhahahahha (no seriously I dont like to fold my laundry. I have a HUGE pile of clean clothes sitting on my downstairs couch)
5 comments:
I missed you last night! We had your "Southern" vinyl ready to help your glass pan get etched but you weren't there.
I'm so sorry about your day! Spilling food is NOT cool. I'm so sorry.
Also, if you ever need anyone to empathize... one month my work had a no-sugar contest. Ask Jeff about it. I'm pretty sure that was the cause of one of our breakups. I was NOT nice.
You are a strong woman to do this. And YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
And chat with Sabine--she's got a lot of great ideas for eating naturally.
Your post sounds alot like the one my sister just posted. She's kindof in the same boat you are. Here are some sites we love and keep looking to for motivation.
leanbodiesconsulting.com
jen-fit-training.blogspot.com
Jen has an amazing transformation story you should read. Anyway, keep it up, it'll all be worth it:)
I love love love sugar too. Mmmm. Sometimes I will eat so much that it isn't appetizing anymore, so I'll pull out a salty/fatty snack for a minute, and then I'm good to go back to my sugar! Bad bad.
You are making excellent choices! Bummer 'bout the smoothie :( I probably would have cried.
You're doing great, Karla! I'm so impressed that you prayed about wanting ice cream and sugar. Thank you for the reminder that He will help us with anything. Keep that up and I know you'll find the approach that works for you.
You are doing so great Karla! I could never do that diet. I would DIE without sugar. I heart it lots. Good luck and call me if you need to vent! Love you!
Post a Comment