Monday, October 24, 2011

Biggest Loser

I wish I could be on that show.  Seriously have you seen the people on that show???  They look amazing and their countenance is so much more light and happy.  Really you can see it in their faces.  They want to be alive. They want to be healthy.
Then it got me thinking.  I AM  that person who can do this.  Well except having amazing trainers who will yell at you to get your booty off the couch and run and lift cars over your head... not really but you get the idea.  When Truman was just a year old I started going to Golds.  I lost alot of inches but not weight.  I still went to the gym while prego with Dannan but after 10 false hospital visits I was put on "light" (as in NOTHING) exercise.  I was bummed but I didnt gain I actually lost weight with Dannan and kept losing 20 lbs after she was born.  Then I got really sick a year later and had my Gallbladder removed.  I lost 30 lbs after that.  And had the Southern Biggest loser and was the only female to go away with a prize after losing 35 more pounds.
Then health issues, secret eating of ice cream, cake and late night binges of frosting ontop of Graham crackers, or the home made chewy fudge.   I got really depressed after gaining 40 lbs quickly.   I stopped and started eating healthy and found out that I could not eat gluten or lactose.  (BTW when I was told no more ice cream I about DIED)  Lost 35 lbs.  in three months.  I felt awesome.
 Then I found a way to eat ice cream.  The weight quickly returned.  Then I found I could eat Gluten every so often and not have issues.  Gaining more weight which I thought was not the problem because I didn't eat it very often.  I was digging myself a grave because I was eating what and when I wanted.
Then my amazing Mother In Law was doing this thing I am on now. She had lost 150 lbs.  I knew she was on this and wanted to try since she had lost so much.  Little did I know how freaking hard it would be.  BUT I had stuck to it.  And Jena gave me hope. :D  She said that after 21 days of no sugar you wont have the craving anymore.  OH that made me so happy.
 But I am still a grump and the worst person to live with right now.  My temper is short and all I want to do is cry.  BUT I know that with faith, love and guidance from my Heavenly Father ALL things are possible.
Man Now I am crying......  *wiping tears*  Whew okay.  Wow that felt good.  Now you all know of my devious night time devours :D
Anyways I just wanted to let you all know that I can do hard things.  And right now it is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life.
  Oh and tune in tomorrow.  I am going to be asking Logan his birthday Questions.  Which shall be interesting because he is HYPER after school and the medication he is on has worn off. :D
 So to this I leave you with this I know Heavenly Father will help us.  I can feel it.  I know he loves me and that I am a daughter of God. And he wants me to be happy. And to be happy for me right now is to be able to see myself and know that I am beautiful and can do hard things.  Dang it those tears are fogging my view of this page.  Love you all!

3 comments:

Laus said...

Oh Karla! You are very strong. You can do this. And yes, I think after you've not had it for a month (or 21 days) I am sure it will be easier. I say go to a more moderate diet when you can start working out again. Steve's Mom got to a point where instead of a big bowl of ice cream just one spoonful was enough.

Angie Page said...

Love you too, Karla!

Koreena said...

Love your honesty! You're an inspiration to me. I have some emotional eating issues that are really hard to get over. I am totally addicted to sugar as well. Like can't make it a day without it. It's ridiculous. I hope this journey goes well for you because maybe it will help me on mine!