Thursday, February 17, 2011

One small step at a time

I keep having to learn the same lesson over and over.  And for some reason I forget or I just am to stubborn to really want to remember.  Which is why I think a lot of my problems are self implied.
Lets look at this.  I have had what 4 surgeries and 4 babies in my lifetime.  Out of those 8 things I think this is the one that has humbled me the most.
Well my children humble me daily but I mean as a person. A human. A Child of God. A person who would rather do things for others than myself.  I am learning which is hard. I have never been a good learner.  LOL I am usually to caught up in the things I cant do to focus on the things that I should allow people to do.  IN this I am learning.
I am also learning of how much my family, friends and sisters in my ward really appreciate me.  I mean it sounds completely conceded.  But I never knew how much I have done till I have had people letting me know.  "Well its about time I serve you."  or "I am so glad that we are such good friends that we can just visit and not have to worry about what is going on out there."
I love how my life is such an open book.  I am glad now as I keep growing up that it is not only serving others but to accept the service that is needed.  I also learned that if I do not accept these that I am not only going to regret it but I am denying these dear people who want to serve receive blessings in their lives that they so need.
The biggest one that has been so hard for me is to NOT clean.  GAH seriously. Have you been to my monkey house?   My kids are a tornado.  They go from room to room and make messes as they go.  What I have learned from this so far is that I can let my house get a little messy.  Even though it takes having me go into another room and shut the door. So I wont go out there and clean.  I have also learned that I need to make a job chart again for the kids.  It worked so well.  Then we got broken into and that kinda just took a back burner and the thief took the job chart down and ripped it apart.  *I think he must have had anger issues with jobs or something*
Anyways so good times all around. I am learning.  S L O W L Y but surely.  I am so greatful for all of those who have helped, prayed or even just called.  It makes a HUGE difference.  I just hope when I am fully recovered that I will remember these things in which I am learning and apply it to my life.
OH and that reminds me.
When I am better I want to run again.  Run what?  The Freedom 5K.  If anyone would like to join let me know.  I will start training in April.  YAY!!!!!  Ok so that is all for now. 

3 comments:

Angie Page said...

The thief tore up your job chart? What! Issues for sure. Hang in there. You're doing great.

Anonymous said...

great post! Good luck w/ your run

Trudy said...

Good for you! Life lessons are hard but so worth it.

Definitely re-start the job chart. It may take some discipline on your part to get it going again, but it will be good for the whole family. It'll (eventually) lessen your chore load and it will teach your kids how to clean and be responsible for household stuff. Win win!!

Great idea to set yourself a goal like the 5k. You can do it!

So, this is my first response to your blog. SORRY!! Usually when I read it I'm holding a baby or scarfing down my food. So it's not always easy to type. But I'm thinking of you. ♥♥