This is not my family. But this sweet friend of mine is so dear that I think of her as a sister at times. I would ask you to please help if you can. Thank you so much.
Karla
From the words of my Friend Emily:
Tragedy struck my sister and her little family, when at about 1am this morning, they woke to their front porch and front part of their house engulfed in flames. Within several minutes their entire mobile home was destroyed. They and their 6 month old little boy (and I think all their animals) escaped unharmed but lost everything they owned. They don't have renters insurance, nor a checking or savings account. All the money and belongings to their name, including the baby car seat, were burned in the fire. They left with just their pajamas on their backs, no shoes, no coats, no blankets for their baby boy. The fire department ruled their house as a total loss.
Prayers and donations are greatly needed as this little family begin to rebuild their home and completely start over. There has been a benefit account set up at Wells Fargo for money donations, just go to your local branch and tell them you are donating to the benefit account for Samantha and Jon Pierce of Montrose, Colorado. Also, any kind of donation you would like to send to them, you can mail to:
495 Centennial Drive
Olathe, Co. 81425
Samantha is a size 11-13 in pants and M-L in shirts
Jon is a size 32x32 in pants and XL-long in shirts
Stacius is a size 6-9 months
Thank you in advance for your prayers and donations. Every little bit helps, weather it be a prayer or $5.00. I appreciate you for taking the time to help where you can.
Also, please pass the information to anyone you know that can help my sister and her little family. I am okay with you posting on your blogs or facebooks as well.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Emily
3 comments:
I am so sorry for their loss. It must be devasating. I have $20.00 to give them but I don't know if I'll make it to the bank.
If you will come and get it at Joshie's baptism I will appreciate it.
my family has lived through that. It's a terrifying situation. If I wasn't so completely out of commission still I'd at least make a blanket for the baby. In a few weeks I'll try to remember to see if there's something they still need. Glad the important thing (The people) are all safe!
There were some problems with finding the account to donate to, but hopefully it's fixed. Now when going in to donate, tell them you are donating to FBO Samantha and Jon Pierce. If anyone has any problems I can give the account number...just call me at 801-361-9643.
Thanks,
Emily
P.s. Thanks Karla, for posting on your blog! You are wonderful!
Post a Comment