Yes you have guessed it... I have been in a really bad mood. Seriously what is up with the kids. This week (so far) these things have happened in our house.
Sunday- I was dizzy didn't feel good so what do the kids do? Yell scream and throw a fit every ten min over some crayons.
Monday- Ethan woke up ORNERY! He wouldnt get dressed so I had to tell him to get ready and place his clothing on him. Logan woke up FISTY and threw a fit and I had to pretty much lay ontop of this kid to get him dressed for school. Then when home they were fighting and hitting each other.
Tuesday- I decided that I wasn't going to get up and tell the kids what to do. They know how to get ready and what to do. So I just sat there and ate my breakfast and every ten min I would kindly tell them its 8, its 810, its 9 now and you are already a half an hour late to school. They finally got ready and went to school at 930. Then they came home threw a fit and hit and screamed and GAH then Logan went into his room for 10 min till Seth got home. Then we all talked and I was so sick I couldn't really eat. Then as we were cleaning their room found out Logan decided that breaking a pen and smearing the ink all over the wall was "art" and wouldn't get in trouble for it. I freaked out. Yes I did. I was just livid. I had had it. I couldn't take it. So I went and just pouted. Yes a grown woman can pout and i did it. I am not ashamed for you all to read it.
Then this morning. Danni was Peeved for some reason and was hitting me the entire time getting her dressed making her toast and taking her to the gym. Once at the gym she cried and said she was sorry and that she would have fun at the gym and be happy. Whew. Ok now I am tired and need a nap just from recapping this week.
Normally my kids are not this bad but seriously people what is UP with the kids?
7 comments:
Tis the season. Kids get so antsy this time of year. I think it's a combo of Christmas being around the corner and since it's cold outside they don't spend as much time out, running off all the steam they have. I think that's why Lizzy has been a handful lately.
Wow. I'm glad I'm not the only mom who goes through this kind of week (and pouts)! But I only have 1 1/2 kids....i so feel for you.
I blame it on the season too. My kids have had a quite a few moments and after talking to some of the women in my ward,they all said the same thing. Hang in there!!
Yup, it's the season. Any anxiety get my kids tied up in knots and the anticipation of Christmas along with obvious stress for mama and pops has them a bit crazy. Michael had a long talk with Kate the other day, though, and she has done a lot better since. She cleaned the whole playroom so it actually looks good and reminded me at least 5 times to not vacuum because she wants to do it herself when she gets home from school. Now Lizzie is chilling upstairs beggign to go to the neighbor's to play (which is a no cause they have a 2 week old baby) and Sabrina is singing and coloring at her desk. >Deep Breath<
It does get hard during the winter time. I also know that having hubby gone a lot is hard on my kids too. Give yourself a break and remember that you are doing the best you can. Sometimes it gets hard to remember the quote you have on your sidebar by President Monson, but I am sure that it is true just do your best to keep trying to remember that. :0
LUb-lubs!
I'm sorry it's been so hard for you lately! As Stace said, hang in there!
What a smart idea to let them be late. I'll bet they'll get the message if you do that consistently. You might want to clue in the teacher that that's what's happening, though.
I think sometimes a good pout is better than a "stiff upper lip."
And a good cry is even better than a good pout. Try it. I feels so much better when you're done.
Post a Comment