Monday, December 21, 2009

Callings

So I have been thinking alot about my past callings. How many lessons I have learned from them. So I am going to write about them. I hope you guys dont die of pure bordem but I know if I dont write this then I will not remember. *I am not a very good journalist*

CALLING:
My very first calling was the CTR7 class. We were just married and we were placed into this class. We had really good kids but we had one that was well unique. Every Sunday he would come to class as someone or something different. Our favorite one was the clay. We had to "sculpt" him to fold his arms and he would stay that way the ENTIRE time. The worst was he was a car. Yeah you can imagine the lovely sounds he made that Sunday.

BLESSING:
I was able to see into this little guys eyes and he was learning even though he was not paying attention. Now I can teach my kids at FHE and know that even though they are not completely paying attention that they are totally understanding what I am saying.

CALLING:
YW second councilor. I loved that calling. Even though I was only in there for seven months I LOVED it. We also only had four YW total and I had the most. A total of two incredible YW. Even now they still remember me and say Hi to me when I am in North Orem and see them.

BLESSING:
I was able to see how much YW leaders are to the YW. They also taught me that Love doesn't just come from saying it.

CALLING:
Enrichment Committee. I had this calling twice. When I lived on 1600 North in Orem and then again in Provo East Stake.

BLESSING:
NEVER underestimate your talents.

CALLING:
Activity Committee. Yeah this was probably the easiest but yet the hardest calling I had. I mean you had to go to monthly meetings. Make sure you had enough food, fun activities and inspiring motives to have for the members and NON members . My most favorite activity we did was the Pioneer one. We had nummy dutch oven, a bake off and pioneer games. Can I just say it was a BLAST!

BLESSING:
I got to know people in the ward more faster. I was able to become more active and understand the things that go on behind the scenes and offer my help to anyone who needs it.

CALLING:
RS Elderly home activity person. Not entirely sure what the exact calling was but it was for sure the sweetest part of my living at Thornberry. I was in charge of helping the weekly meeting at the "home" for the elderly that lived in Thornberry. LOVED that calling.

BLESSING:
I have more Grandmas and more love for the Elderly then anyone I know :D.

CALLING:
CTR 7 again. Ethan was in my class this time.

BLESSING:
Getting to know my Son spiritually. But I will say this. I dont think its a good idea to have a mom or dad teach the class because it seems to just make them think they can get away with things. Just sayin.

CALLING:
Sunbeam teacher. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this calling. Getting to teach the youngest people in our primary.

BLESSING:
Hugs, hugs and more hugs. I am so going to miss my little beams but next year I get more. So I am happy where I am.

2 comments:

Ora said...

I think Sunbeams are my favorite too! In Jan you will be able to teach Danni! How cool is that?

Jan said...

I think you will be glad later that you talked about all of your callings. That was neat to read what you had learned as well.

I was thinking in church on Sunday about what an inspired thing callings are. They help us learn to serve each other and really bring the ward together.

Sounds like you have made quite a difference in your callings!

Primary is one of my favorite ones as well. Especially singing time!