Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas part II

It was a great year. And I have to say is that I have to write this or I will forget. And since I am not good at writing in a journal this is all I have.

The Christmas events started on Christmas Eve. It was great. We cleaned the entire house in less then two hours. Then we got the kids into their jammies that they get every year as a prelude to Christmas day.

We then headed out to my parents house just to chill for two hours. Then we invaded Wendy's and ate a wonderful fast dinner that I didnt have to cook for. Then we went across the Valley to Seth's parents house for a Christmas Eve pageant they do every year. This year was a bit different we added the story of Samuel The Lamanite preaching to the Nephites about the birth of Christ. Ethan was Samuel, Logan was Joseph and a Nephite, Truman was a Nephite, and Danni was a Wiseman. It was great. My brother in law owns a business where you can create decals for trucks and he made a HUGE backdrop for the pageant. Then we sang songs and had a blast Christmas Eve.

Got home played Santa and went on to bed. We got up at 7 AM. Opened the pressies and played for about an hour. Then it was time to get ready and get out to our Inlaws again for Christmas morning Breakfast. And it was fun. Seth, Jon (seth's brother) and I cooked the breakfast. It consisted of french toast, bacon, sausage, eggs (that had cream, cheese, and butter), OJ, Milk, eggnog, chocolate milk, hot cocoa. Yeah I didnt get to eat any of that. I made myself gluten free pancakes, veggi sausage, and water. We opened the gifts we got and watched as others opened their gifts. Seth and I received a really nice illustrated Book Of Mormon and seeds from his parents. I received a clock from my SIL and Seth got a $15 Gift Cert for Itunes. The boys all got a transformer from the grandparents and a small gift from their cousins. (we did a name exchange) Then everyone played games and I being my mothers daughter cleaned up the breakfast mess. Which was fine for me I like to people watch. After a few fun hours there we headed to my parents house.

We arrived at their house at 2 pm. My roast wasnt done so I pleasantly watched everyone eat their Ham, rolls, jello, corn, and my funereal p[otatoes. (all of which I couldnt eat) I chatted and laughed with everyone at the table. Then Seth and I went and played some rockband in the basement. (thanks to Cora and her wonderful basement TV) The kids played with the twins Gamecube and we just rocked out the rest of the night. Dessert came and with that my roast was finally done. I ate my roast and everyone had pie. (again things I couldnt eat)

My mom gave us all really nice gifts. I received a shawl and jewlery box from her. Seth got a snoopy tie and the boys got power rangers, cars and Danni got a jewlery box with her picture on it. Cora gave us all gifts I got a book, Seth I cant remember, Boys got HUGE coloring books and markers and Danni got fun little dressups. The twins gave me some really cute bracelets.

Seth and I got simple gifts. I got Seth the Robert Jordan Book 12 and Star trek and some Orange Cream Soda. He got me a kitchen aid shredder attachments and a rolling pin oh and some salt and pepper shakers.

All in all it was a grand Christmas and I LOVE visiting family and seeing all of my kids so happy and content. I cant wait till next Christmas.

4 comments:

Rake said...

wow you are a real trooper girl! All that wonderful food you couldn't eat... but I guess that's better than living with the consequences of eating said food. glad you had a great Christmas!

Cora said...

Seth's gift was a $15 gift card to Applebee's... :)

Corilee said...

I didn't realize you had done so much of the work in the kitchen on Christmas morning. I thought Joe did the cooking as he usually does on Christmas morning.

A great big THANK YOU! I wish I had the strength to help. Between you, Jenn and Jan the house looked great when everyone left that afternoon. Again, thank you.

ems said...

I think it's great that you use this as your journal. I do it too because I don't get around to journaling. :)

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! It was fun to have everyone together again this year. I wonder how long that will last. Hope it lasts a long time!