As we come into the season of Love, Kindness, and sweet tender mercies from our Heavenly Father. I am so touched by the many and the extraordinary blessings in my life. I would like to blog about these blessings.
1. I have a great Family. Not only my Hubby who is AMAZING and I know you are all jealous that I got him. But also my children who at times I think I would be bald if not for my love of hair on my head and not on the ground. They are amazing little guys. They make me laugh, cry, and laugh some more but not the kind of laughter that comes from a joke but laughter that is brought on from true maddness ;) Sorry I have to post my real thoughts on this. So when I am old and gray and have forgotten all things that I can come back and read this and say "Hey my lovely DIL's I have been where you are now. Come see and read."
But no seriously I dont know where I would be if I wasnt blessed with such great kids.
2. My Mother, Father, Mother-in-law and Father-in-law.
They are a blessing. They have surrvied through many things. Like Dry Milk, Eating food storage for months, Making clothes from patterns, and other many things that I dont know I could do if I had too. They have made our lives so much more rich by sharing these times with us. By sharing feelings, and thoughts on how things should be. When I got married I was lucky enough to know that my house would not look like my parents house till I am their age. And with my luck it will be never because my kids like to break and draw on things that are not to be drawn or broken. *sigh* can you tell I just LOVE my kids today.
3. My sisters.
Not only my sisters that I was born to. But also my SIL's my BFF's and my Relief Society sisters. All of these dear people have come into my life some more quietly then others. But they all have made my life better. They have accepted me and my flaws. My quirks, my weird sense of humor. My little knowledge of some things. They have brought so much laughter and love when I needed it most. I am greatful that I am able to help them also. To see them grow as I grow. To know by the Holy Spirit that I am to help them when they need help and they have not called upon me themselves. IT is amazing and wonderful thing to know the blessings in my life are so simple but yet so fulfilling.
4. My house
I mean I lived in apartments for years. Many still do. But I love owning my own home. Being able to do what I want when I want and how I want it done. Not having to call people to ask permission if I could hammer a hole in the wall to hang a picture. And not have to worry about an inspector coming in to check on how clean my house is every month. I love My HOME, House what ever you want to call it. Its MINE!
5. The gospel
I am glad that I live in the day and age that I am able to see the wonderful works of our Father in Heaven here on the earth to see how great and powerful he is. I dont know what I would have done if say I was born in the dark days when kings and bishiops ruled the lands. Gah just thinking about it makes me sick.
6. My trials
If I didnt have my trials that I have had I wouldnt be the person I am today. I am so much more stronger then I have ever been. I am more prone to listen and act upon such promptings. I am glad that so many things have been taught to me through these trials. I Love them. Not saying I want more but when it rains it pours but in the end we always have a beautiful rainbow. I know that I am so blessed and I hope that this season you take the time to listen and follow the spirit and that you will be blessed as much as I have.
7. My Sunbeams
Yes I teach the sunbeams in my ward. I love them so much. They have taught me so simply the things in my life are not hard. That we should always look for the good even in the worst of times.
I hope you enjoyed it and if you made it here THANKS for reading. Hope I didnt confuse all you guys out there. Next post will be of my Christmas around my house. :D
2 comments:
Such a wonderful thing to sit and think about how blessed we are. Thanks for sharing this list. :)
It's great to count your blessings.
You REALLY WILL BE glad you wrote the things you did about your family.
I wish with all my heart I had done what you are doing.
Post a Comment