Saturday, November 14, 2009

The warshing

Yes I said Warshing. That is how my Grandma Tomkinson says it. To wash our clothes is way more of a feat then a chore. This is the way we wash our clothes.

Step 1. Put detergent in.
2. Get pliers so you can turn the dial
3. Pull on said "dial" and fill up with water
4. Put clothes in washer and sit and wait till water is up to the fill line
5. Get tube and BLOW really hard or the water wont stop.
6. Close the top and wait till drain cycle comes on
7. Wait till water is gone and turn another dial to get the spin cycle/ rinse cycle on
8. wait till that cycle is done and fill water again and repeat step 5
9. When the second drain comes repeat 7
10. Clothes are done and place in dryer.
Then repeat for the rest of your days.

I then decided that it is not worth my time to sit there and wait for laundry all day. So I take my precious quarters and spend them at the Laundromat. I cannot wait till we can get another washer and I dont have to hear whining and fighting while washing my clothes.
It is however so much faster to do it there. I get all my laundry done in record time 2 hours. Folded and put away. That is the ONLY thing that is nice about it.
*sigh* but to be on the positive side. NEW MOON is next Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a woot woot!

4 comments:

The Serna Family said...

WOOT WOOT! I'm so excited to see it! Sorry you're having washer troubles, Annie is too. I have been there and had to use hers, so I know how bad it sucks! But you're right, it's the best to be COMPLETELY done with the laundry so fast.

Stacey said...

WOOT WOOT!! WOOT WOOT!!

That sucks about the washer. I hope you can get a new one soon. It would be nice to have all of the laundry done in 2 hours though!

Corilee said...

Is WOOT WOOT like saying HOORAY, HOORAY? or does it actually come from some form of some other word?

I' glad you got your laundry done though, Going around in dirty cloths stinks! (I know, it was a bad pun but are there any really good ones?)

Unknown said...

any chance the part could be replaced for cheap? Might be worth googling. I spent an entire summer hanging our wash out on a line to dry until we did a little research and learned that we could fix the problem in about 10 minutes :")