"When we teach those we love that we are spirit children temporarily away from a loving Heavenly Father, we open the door of prayer to them."
~Elder Henry B. Eyring
~Elder Henry B. Eyring
“Who are we? We are children of God. Our potential is unlimited. Our inheritance is sacred. May we always honor that heritage—in every thought and deed.”
~Elder Russel M. Nelson
~Elder Russel M. Nelson
As I sit here tonight I think of my Children. I ask myself...."What did I do today?" I thought about it. I cleaned the house, did some computer time with Truman and Dannan. Went to Ethan's Pack meeting. (which BTW he got three belt loops) and I didnt do anything with Logan.
I am so frustrated that I wish I could do something with each of them. Everyday. I try to do homework with them at night and do it with them individually.
When I was up in Salt Lake City on Monday I took Ethan with me to see his Orthodontist. But before we went there we stopped in and said hi to my SIL Jennifer. (I think Ethan loves her, but that is just a guess ;) )
We had lunch and got a tour of the Church Office Building. Then we went to the Distribution center and I found a Book called "The Three Rules to a Happy Family" or to that affect. So I bought it. Nothing hurt from trying to be a better family.
I was reading it and I found myself saying "oh I do that, and this" It was reassuring to know that I am NOT a bad mom. That I do try and at least do my best. I love my kids. They are the joy in my life. The Key to my happy mornings.
Ethan noticed on Tuesday that I wasnt feeling up to par. So he and Truman made me breakfast. It was a bowl of Chex with lactose free milk with chopped up banana's and my meds. He was so proud. I had to choke it down because the chex were soggy but I was so happy they did it. It made me happy and my day went so much better. I guess I am doing okay then.... Lets just hope I can continue to do so. Sorry this is kinda sporadic I am not feeling good still and I am kinda in pain so I am going to end now.
5 comments:
What a sweet post. It's got to be hard to divide your time between four kids, but you are doing great! I sure enjoyed having you and Ethan come up and see me! What a sweet boy. I'm sorry I haven't posted about it yet--I haven't had time to even download the pictures!!
That's so sweet! Yes Karla- you are a great mom!
How cute that Ethan and Truman made you breakfast...see, you do make a difference with your kids if you have taught them how to serve. It was nice to see you this morning!
You've raised them right if they serve you breakfast in bed. How sweet!
I tried to leave a comment on your blog last night after I had taken my sleeping pills. The next thing I know Joe and Michelle are trying to pick me up from the office floor. I thought I could get it written before my pills took effect. No such luck....
Anyway I think having your children fix you breakfast in bed is one of the nicest perks of being a Mommy.
It gets better and better as they grow up. And easier too!
Post a Comment