Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Meeting Stephanie

So first off today was great! I had a great time going and meeting with a great friend for lunch and visiting with her. I am glad that Ethan isnt as hurt as he could have been from falling from the cart at Harmons today.
Here is the thing. So today I met two really incredible people ever. I go to PT at least twice a week. My arm is getting so much better. SO much better. So thanks for those prayers.
Now on with my story. I go to my PT apointment. Which I thought I was going to have to cancel because I had to go report to Harmons ANYWAYS.... I get there fill out paper work and get going. I walk in and there is this woman. Badly tattered. But it wasnt the face or the unusual walk that drew me to her. It was her spirit just shining. I mean WOW. I sat there and off and on without staring at her and making her feel really uncomfortable doing my own things.
I then heard a male voice talking to her. I didnt stop and look at who was talking to her but I looked in the window and saw a figure that was standing close and being like a protector. I then casually looked over and saw him give her some meds and tell her that she was doing great. Now the male was burnt too but not as bad as her.
They moved together and he watched her do her exersices. My heart just was filled with joy to see this man with this woman and giving her encouragment.
Well kept doing what I do best and that is try to not complain when the pain is so bad you could punch a hole in the wall and the pain in your hand would feel better. Ok so moving on again.
I sat down to get my arm stretched. I sat there and just kept thinking about the couple. I told my PT and my PTAssistant that they were the cutest thing EVER. I heard him call her Stephanie and I thought "NO WAY it cant be her. I dont ever meet anyone cool like that." So I just sat there and Kirk (my PT) would juggle me and her.
We were all listening to the news and they said something about Peanutbutter being recalled because of saminila poisening. It so happened the gentelman was eating a PB granola bar. Kirk joked and said "So whatcha eating?" the gentelman said "a PB granola bar. You want some" (first off what a neat guy to offer him some of his granola bar and second he is just amazing) So we laughed and told him what the TV just said. Then it got kinda warm and he said "You know I surrvied a ariplane crash, three months of being in a coma and living. I think i am supposed to be here right now."
Then I couldnt help myself ( I could just see Seth rolling his eyes at me in my head) "So I read a blog called cjane. Umm are you guys related?" he said "yes" I was so moved. I then said "YOU guys have inspired so many people. You guys are so neat." then he looked at his wife and patted her tummy and said "No she did." I then said "No you both did. The love you have for eachother is amazing. You helped her." Then she (with the help of the PT) lifted her head up and said "Thank you!" and smiled as big as she could. I was going to start bawling but I didnt.
Then I was leaving. I told him I would love to shake his hand but I was worried I might hurt him. So we did a "virtual handshake"
Can I say I feel so great knowing that I got to meet someone so special. Anyways so that is my story. I hope you guys know that I love my life. I love being me. I am thankful for everyone who comes into my life.

9 comments:

Jenn said...

What a neat story. I'm so glad you got to meet them. I've read so much about their story, and it's interesting to hear about someone who met them.

What happened to Ethan? I didn't hear anything about that. Please tell him I love him and I hope he's okay.

MJ said...

what is the blog that you read? is it cjane.blogspot.com or something else? You've got me interested:)

Corilee said...

You'll have to show me how you get on these other blog sites and read about people.

Glad Ethan's ok.

Anonymous said...

great story!!!!

I hope you understand if I don't play the games at FB, I am soo limited on time anymore, I am working PT and back in school plus mommie stuff, so just wanted to make sure you knew it had NOTHING to do wit h you :O)

Unknown said...

I think I'm totally out of the loop. Here's the loop: O and here is me: 8
Who are these people? Can you point me in the right direction so I can "get it"?
Great story!
Glad Ethan's okay. We've had spills out of the grocery basket a couple of times. Scares me to death! only had to fill out all the paper work once, thankfully. It's a real pain!

Unknown said...

Never mind. I found it. Wow, what a story! How neat to meet her!

ems said...

That is an awesome experience! What an inspiring person.


I'm glad your shoulder is getting better!

Also, I love the winter pictures from a few posts ago!! They are AWESOME!

Rana said...

Karla, your blog looks so pretty, I love your pictures, colors, comments stories, you know.. You are as inspiring to other's as this couple is to you.

E n D said...

That's awesome! I'm so addicted to cjane's blog. They are such a neat family!