Ah kids screaming, mothers yelling and the sounds of Christmas are gone. I was so appalled at this one family today while i was out trying to just get out and enjoy a little of the Christmas spirit. Seriously if this lady was not within public eyes I think she would have beattin them.
I calmly walked over and said "Hey so which one of you likes this color." The mother looked at me I wasnt sure if it was inviting or not but she seemed to be on the weary side. Then Tru piped up "Mines GREEN!!!!" Then the other little ones told me thiers. So then I got their attention and told them that I loved Red. not just any red but the Christmas red.
The little gal asked "What is Chirstmas red?" I said well for me its the sign of the blood of Christ. A dark red. That is what Christmas was about.
Then the mom walked away with her kids but it was different now. She seemed to be calm and the kids were deep in tought. I just hope I touched their lives a bit.
Anyways just wanted to share that. I will post pictures when my compy is better. I hate using up seths work computer for my pictures. Oh well
:D See ya in cyber world.
5 comments:
You have so much more guts than I do. Good for you! Sounds like you made a difference (or at least stopped the fighting for a moment.) :)
Nice gesture, Karla, way to go. Yay Christmas spirit.
okay that takes guts and I love it!
you go girl!!! wonderful intervention. we're cut from the same cloth I think:)
Wow! That takes guts! You are such an awesome person! I am sure that mother really appreciated you taking her back to the right state of mind.
Good job. A lot of people would stand back and pass judgement on that mom. It takes a sincere heart to want to relieve some of her burden. My sister was pregnant with her 4th when she had a bad day with her kids. Someone actually scoffed at her and said, "And you're having another one!!" Your reaction to the situation I'm sure helped, not hurt.
Post a Comment