Sunday, December 7, 2008

"We are just two wild and crazy Guys" ~steve martian

Sunset. Just for J and J




So whew......this weekend was a little nuts. So here we go. OK first Ethan on Friday went to the Emergency dentist (Who knew that when there is a conference for dentist ALL of them go at the same time) Annnnyways. So I took him in and they found out three things. 1. He had a tooth that needed to be pulled Because his other tooth was killing all of the nerves and causing an abscess. *fun I know* So we have to fork out 120 right then. He was a GREAT dentist. If I had the money i would totally go to him if Dr.A couldn't do it for me.
2. He has a thrust thing. And that is what is causing him to have migraines (well he thinks) and his cute little lisp. If I dont get it fixed then he will have to have his whole mouth basically broken then repaired and it takes longer that way then if we did something about it now.
3. That he has a very SMALL mouth. Geeze anyone want to do free orthodontic work for us??? Anyone?

Anyways so then we got home. Had Pizza, movie night with us and the kids. WAY fun and I recommend it to all who have little ones. We do it at least twice a month.

Ah then Saturday came. Seth went shooting. While he was shooting with his brothers and daddy. I cleaned and got the kids ready for their sleepovers. They were soooo excited it was getting on my nerves. Then Seth got home showered and left to drop them off.

Then we got to go for our kid free night off. It was so nice. Seth's company pays for us to spend a night up there then the next day go and have brunch up there. SOOOO NICE! I loved it. I wanted it to just keep on going.

On the drive up there the moon was half full. It was so beautiful. I loved it. And so I rolled down the window and took a picture. Look below.



Isnt that PRETTY! I love it. Sometimes I amaze myself. Really i do.

Awesome huh. i love this picture. It just set the mood for the whole weekend. Then we got up to our cabin. Our MOUNTIANMAN SUITE. Can i tell you I have never been in such a nice place EVER.
So this is the Room with the HUGE TV. Everything was decorated with Indian art work or cowboy stuff. I loved it. Ah It was beautiful.



My cute self on the cute but extreamly uncomffy bed. It was firm a bit to firm. I went to jump on the bed and uh yeah even with my *skinny bummy* It still wouldnt bounce.

"Giddy up Cowboy!"

Aw matchy match geeks.....Does not get any geekier than this ;) But i do have to say I LOVED the shirts this year. They are so comfy and stylish.

More pics of my DH and I (awww are we not just the cutest thing EVER!)

The beautiful indian art work. I love indian art work.

I don't know if you can see them but there are stars in this picture. I wish I had a better camera. So Whit if you get a new one can I have your old one ;)

This is mostly for my FIL he is a big western type movie guy. This is like the coolest picture in there. It was in our room.

Oooolala the bed. Yeah right. You try sleeping on that. I wonder if they were trying to make you feel like you were sleeping on the hard ground with very little padding. Just like they used to in them ol days. Ya know.....Yeah didn't like that part.



Then we went to the party. They do a fund raiser every year. This year was for the "Shop with a Cop" It's such a great charity if you have never heard of it and would like to learn more go here.

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8017276&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Its so neat to hear the stories that kids who have been taken away from their loved ones by cops. To shop with them to let them know that cops are not bad. They do this so they can help them know that cops are there to help and keep them safe and that they can be a friend with a cop. What is neat is that when they go do this. Not ONE kid will buy a gift for him/herself. They are always thinking of the other family members in need. Such great and wonderful kids.

Then we went back to the room and slept. No really we did. We were so tired i thought my arm was going to fall off because after I did my PT it really felt like it.

Anyways so got up the next morning. Got ready and went to brunch. WHICH IS AMAZING! Then got the kids and took a nap..... well let me rephrase that. Hubby, kids took a nap. I didn't. Not that I didn't try I did but every time I was almost asleep i would wake up to someone knocking, calling or a HUGE freaking truck starting and reaving for 15 min. I gave up.

Then I called my SIL J to see if she still had extra tickets to the Christmas devotional. And she did ONE and I took it and went. We were like 30 rows or so away from the First Pres. WOW it was so emotional for me. I am an emotional person anyways but WOW their talks and their love that they showed through them was just so strong how could I not tear up.


The beautiful SLC temple.


L-R J, K, J, E, M, S
LOL last three letters spell out EMS LOL ok sorry need sleep on a soft bed.

Ooooooo the moonlight is perdicting a HUGE snow storm. Well that is what the farmers almanac says. So better get your shovels out. Oh that reminds me I better go buy some and some salt and this and that and oh man.... having a home for the first year is hard. LOL but I love it.

Then we headed back home and that was my fun and *Wild* weekend. How was yours????

11 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

BTW Ems. You look like you are about to freeze your tushy off. LOL you look like Emma did one time. i cant remember if it was this year or the year before. but she was cold and she pulled a face like this one. LOL ok TIME FOR BED>

Corilee said...

Loved that last picture of the moon. I'm glad you got a mini vacation even if the beds were hard. It's nice to get away from the kids once in a while. I hope your arm gets better. pt is the pits but I can see progress even though I've only been doing it for about two weeks. What a treat to go to the fireside. We watched it on tv and were very impressed. Then we saw a devotional by Elder Bednar before he was an Apostle. Great talk as usual.

Yay for "wild" weekends!!!

Whitney said...

I haven't heard from you in a while! I am sorry to hear about the dentist...that is the worst!! cost and procedure!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! That's so cool that you got to go to the Devotional! I went when President Hunter was prophet . . . THAT was so cool! :)

Flee said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! Great pics.

ems said...

I was actually not that cold, I just thought I might be because Michelle was making me cold just by looking at her!

Nice pics! That was a lot of fun!

Rana said...

Karla I love that picture of the SLC temple :D

Stacey said...

Gosh,busy weekend for you! I'm glad you had a good time!

Michelle said...

I'm glad that you got to get away for awhile. It's always nice to leave the kids for awhile and have alone time.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful time!