Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Poem

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is Limited,

It Cannot cripple love

It Cannot shatter hope

It Cannot corrode faith

It Cannot destroy peace

It Cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It Cannot silence courage

It Cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It Cannot conquer the spirit

~Author Unknown

I have known and loved so many people who have had cancer. I hope that all you women who read this post will get a mammogram if you are over 40 or have it run in your family. Cancer is not a repulsive thing. I have seen it heal broken wounds, broken spirits and people who have stopped loving anything change to loving everything. Death is nothing we should fear. We should look to every day anew a day where we can keep on going. Bringing new happiness to others that were hard to find.
I know that I haven't had experiences like most of you have but I do know one thing and that is I love you all.

4 comments:

Flee said...

K~ what is going on? Is everything ok? What's with the sudden post about cancer? I hope everthing is ok with you and yours. Nice post btw. I liked it.

Steve and Chelle said...

Karla I LOVE YOU!! Your optimism amidst all that is going on in the world is SO refreshing!! You Rock!!!

Thanks! ;)

Stacey said...

Great post Karla!zsbth

Stacey said...

That last part was Camden having his say. ;)