I ain't said it ain't.
Lord! I've had enough, an' double,
Reason for complaint.
Rain an' storm have come to fret me,
Skies were often gray;
Thorns an' brambles have beset me
On the road--but, say,
Ain't it fine to-day?
What's the use of always weepin',
Makin' trouble last?
What's the use of always keepin'
Thinkin' of the past?
Each must have his tribulation,
Water with his wine.
Life it ain't no celebration.
Trouble? I've had mine--
But to-day is fine.
It's to-day that I am livin',
Not a month ago,
Havin', losin', takin', givin',
As time wills it so.
Yesterday a cloud of sorrow
Fell across the way;
It may rain again to-morrow,
It may rain--but, say,
Ain't it fine to-day!
Douglas Malloch
It was mentioned in my last post that I am a pretty up beat person. I dont like to brag but I like to consider myself a person who thinks of the glass half full then half empty. Going to Dr apointments are kind of hard for me. Because they can't seem to find what is wrong with me. But I just go on as if it never has happened.
I like to think of my life as a fun little movie. In the end most movies are Happy and Joyful. Which will happen eventually.
I enjoy time with my family and with my scriptures. I enjoy the time I get to spend with my friends. Why should I worry about the things that I have no control over. I was talking to some stranger about the world and she was kinda freaking out on me. I just smiled and said "You know. We really can't make a huge difference in the world. We can only make ourselves different with how we view things and how we take on things." Not saying dont worry about it foolishly but goodness sakes why make yourself all worked up for something that is bound to happen.
I pray and I do what is right. I study and I will put on a fight if it so needs be. But till then I am happy. I am happy because I am me. I am living my life as if it is the last day. Well for the most part anyways. I keep in contact with all my friends. I keep in contact with those who I just happen to meet. And if I happen to see them again I will talk to them. Unless they are running then I can catch a hint.
Here is the thing with me. I grew up in a house full of hardships. My mom is stubborn but she is the sweetest thing to walk the earth and helping whomever whenever. My dad is a great guy but his emotions to anger are quicker to come up than my own. Each person is different. I do believe that we all have a place to have optimism in our lives we just have to find it and when we do. Take it and go with it.HAVE YOU HAD YOUR DOSE OF OPTIMISM TODAY?
6 comments:
I so totally needed a boost of optimism today. It's going to be a great day!
Good thinking!! Pessimism doesn't really help anything. Now if only I can remember that when I become pessimistic! :)
I love the yellow smiley pic. (obviously!) :)
I totally understand! And really, again, your blog is so refreshing!!!
Love your guts!!!!
Cute comics! :)
Love ya!
So can your happiness and positive attitude rub off on me just a little? I need like a 1/4 of what you have! I'm glad you feel like that and can share it!
nice post! i'm taking my optimism pill right now. :)
Post a Comment