Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My favorite Movies

My family was never really into movies till I grew up and still then we didn't have alot. Now I go to my moms and its like an awesome clean flicks video store. But if I want to borrow something its free YAY!!! Anyways so like I said I our family wasn't into movies. I took a film history class (which was sooooooo fun ;) ) I learned some more about movies and saw some older films.
But it wasn't till I met my Hubby that I finally knew I was behind on my movies. His family quotes moives all the time. I was so lost for the longest time. Finally I knew more about the classics. Except most of them have never seen the LOOOOONNNNGGGG movie "Gone with the wind." Which was to me a long movie and I fell asleep probly like five times. Anyways back to the point. So ever since I was introduced to the family I have been a movie goer. LOL is goer a word??
So here are some of my most favorite movies in catigories. Sorry there is no Scary movie nor gore movie because I am deathly LOL no pun intended afraid of those and so is my Hubby so I dont have to worry about that till my boys are older.
This was my first movie ever seen on my very own TV. Since my parents were deaf they didnt know what was good and what was bad. So we didnt even own a TV till I was I think 5 and we didnt own a VCR till I was about 8 so this is my most favorite movie because it was the first and it is HELLO SLEEPING BEAUTY is just awesome! So my favorite Disney movie is
SLEEPING BEAUTY


Favorite Pixar movie "Meet the Robinsons"



This is a movie that scared me when I was little. Those monkeys are scary.
Wizard of OZ


Wish I didnt see this first with a really dorky guy but this is my favorite Romantic movie
EVER AFTER


Favorite Christmas movie
How the Grinch stole Christmas


First Christmas musical I ever saw was this. And the first time I saw it was with Seth and his family. We were dating and I said I never seen it and so Jan and Emilee put me on the couch and popped it in. Its my favorite because of two reasons. One it was the first time I felt that Jan and Ems liked me and I like all the music. "Sisters"
"White Christmas"


Super Hero Movie
Ok I know that its kinda dark but I loved the actors. The people that made the movie were BRILLIANT. And it is the same Batman for at least 3 movies which is a first in all the Batman movies ever made. SO yay.
"BATMAN BEGINS"


Sad/uplifting movie
Seth doesnt like this movie because he says it so sad. But I loved it because it was so cute and so something I would do for my kids if we were in a war. So good. Long but good.
"Life is Beautiful"


This movie was most quoted by Stacey my SIL and I
NEMO


Favorite Romantic Comedy
LOVE it. Loved it more on Clear Play.
Hitched


Most anticipated movie: Hello if you are not wanting to watch this after you have read the books you are just you know lame ;) JK no I am really excited and really looking forward to it. I am not going into that movie thinking its like the book because what movie follows the book ever???
"Twilight" (ahhhhh screams with excitement)

NOVEMBER!!!!!!

My favorite actor was Robin Williams till I saw him play a stupid president then it became Christan Bale. Hello he is awesome at Batman.
Favorite Actress will always be Julia Roberts. I just love her laugh and smile. She has such a innocence about her. Even if she isnt in real life she just amazes me.

3 comments:

Rana said...

Karla, I so remember when Mom brought home Sleeping Beauty, I just loved it! Love You! Hope you have a GREAT DAY!

Stacey said...

Twilight!!!! :D :D

Good movies,love Hitch and Sleeping Beauty.

Ora said...

I loved my film critic class I took (sounds like it was like your film history class) If you haven't you need to watch "Bringing up Baby" It is an older black and white with Catherine Hepburn... SO FUNNY! I loved it to pieces!