This was from Monday 4/13/15
This was from Tuesday 4/14/15
Isn't crazy how Utah weather can be 76 degrees, not one cloud in the sky. Calm, beautiful and amazing. To WINTER STORM WARNING! With winds up to 70 MPH then the temperature drops 40 degrees in 2 hours. Snow is what we need, rain is what we need. But can't it just not be so blustery? I mean come on. I got so much dust in my eyes. That I was getting muddy eye boogers for a hour after I had gone out to get the kids from school.
Now, to move on from the weather to what's been going on in our neck of the woods. I also have to apologize for any miss spelled or bad grammar and punctuation. Because I'm in my room, laying down and "writing" from my phone.
Why? Well because it's freaky being alone downstairs at night. Even though my boys are sleeping down in their room. They would sleep through anything. Including a blood curdling scream.
Just pointing out the facts here.
Ok, hmm where to begin.
Christmas was fun. Went to Seth's parents for Christmas Eve and for Christmas breakfast. Then off to my parents house for the afternoon. The best thing? I got to see my sister through Skype. BEST EVER. She's serving her LDS mission in Canada. "Oh Canada! " said in a sing song voice. I don't know why but I do this more than I should. Lol
On December 27 or 28 th. We lit up some lanterns for my mom. (Who passed away in March 2014. You can read the story and stuff from Feb to March blog post)
it was truly magical. Rana and her family, Ashlynn and her family, my Aunt Leslie and my own family. It was FREEZING, but that made it a great night for them to soar. I felt my mom with us.
For New Year we just stayed home. We were going to go to the Laus, but their poor family had the stomach flu. I felt bad that we were not able to go.
Feb seemed to fly by. My cousin Cody. Came home from his mission. He served in the Independence Missouri mission. I was so excited. So much so that the video I took was super shaky and I may or may not have screamed with delight. I just hope that when Ashley comes home that I'll have a tripod set up and have one of my kids to be the one to video tape it. Because I'm sure I'll be more than just "shaky" to do it.
Match, was crazy filled with emotion. Happy to hear my cousin report on his mission. Which was an excellent talk. He has grown so much. I mean like A LOT! Both physically andspiritually. I wish I would've wrote his talk down.
Then March 13th through the 14th. Was like a Rollercoaster of emotions. Happy, sad, frustration and love. We had a BBQ on the 13th with my family. Everyone except Carole (my Dads fiance). After we ate we headed up to the cemetery. It was nice weather, cool but not freezing.
We all shared what memories we had of my mother. She did so much, but it was the little ones memories that hit me right in the feels.
Logan has had the hardest time and still does about my mother's passing. He has written her a few letters of how much he misses her. How he wishes he could just see her again. He knows with a certainty that he will see her again, but it is still really, really hard.
I'm glad that they (the kids) were able to really cry. I mean like really, really cry. I think it was great for them. Of course, Seth and I being made of stone and by stone I mean puddles. Lol we are a bunch of saps.
I missed the General Relief Society meeting. but have been reading the talks. Oh. My. Goodness. Such great talks.
April is now half over. My oldest will be 14 on the 25th. I am not sure how I feel about that. I mean 1 more year till he has his permit, 2 years for his drivers license (if he gets his Eagle first) and dating. 4 years. I day 4 YEARS till he makes a choice to serve or not to serve (I pray he'll choose to go on one. ) a LDS MISSION! What the? I know right. I do not look that old.
But the beginning of April was the general conference for us. A total of 10 hours over a span of three days listening to the words of our dear Prophet Thomas S. Monson and the other church axillary leaders. If you're interested in what was said. I Encourage you to go to the Latter Day SaintLatter Day Saint Web site click here.
I guess that's all. I'm wondering if anyone who read this would be interested in reading more about growing up with deaf parents? Let me know.
Hope everyone has a great day.


No comments:
Post a Comment