Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Presenting Stoney

Aw... Isn't that just the cutest little stone?  Yeah that thing.  That "little" thing is a kidney stone.  People this is the thing nightmares are made of.  It all started Monday night.  We had just finished FHE *family home evening.  And I felt kind of weird.  So I went to bed early.  I got up around 1230 to some really intense pains.  I went downstairs to not disturb Seth while he slept.  I did some reading, stretching, and some crying. Then about 230 I decided that I needed to sleep so I could function.  I headed back up to bed and then bam it hit me.  My innards wanted to meet my outers.  I about DIED.  I told Seth calmly to take me to the ER.
To my surprise he did without any hesitation or complaining.
As we were heading there.  I prayed they would find something.  That this pain I was feeling wasn't all in my head.  That it was an actual thing that is hurting my body. After an hour and a half they determined that it was a kidney stone.  Which I was thrilled to hear.  I know it's not a great thing.  But when you have been labeled as someone who "thinks" they have something wrong and there isn't there are some unkind things people say about you.  Especially Dr's.
Then I have been sick with a sinus infection on top of that. Which isn't fun either.  So with that I am so tired.  LOL.
Kids are so excited about going to visit my sister.  They are excited about Summer. Excited about not having school.  I am excited about not having to get up at the crack of dawn to hear my kids whine and complain about school and all that they have to do for it.
Things I want to have this summer.
Biking, camping, hiking, singing, cleaning, Decluttering, And most of all Family time.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

It is crazy to think that such a tiny thing could cause so much pain. I am so sorry! Glad it has passed. Here's to feeling better, and to summer!

Angie Page said...

Oh, Karla! That is awful. I'm so glad there was a diagnosis and an end but...ugh. I hope you don't have to deal with that again.