Saturday, July 14, 2012

Uh....Yeah Blogging....

I've been so bad about blogging.  I really need to get back into the groove of it all.  It has been a crazy summer.  I mean gosh who wouldn't want to be me??
Surgery, Clotting, kids fighting and all sorts of "glorious" things.
But hey I have pics and updates.  :D YAY!!!  I know we all love those.

First off. Happy Birthday to all of those who celebrate in July.  Because Anyone who is anyone knows that people who are born in July are the BOMB!!!  (better be careful you never know who might be stalking ... I mean reading your blog.)

Uhem.  Ok so July 3
Did you know that Orem Does participate in the Freedom Festival that Provo city throws?  Yeah its pretty cool it is called Colonial days.  It is where people from all across the country come in and show you how people used to live back in the days. It is pretty awesome and loved it.  BUT I got cut short because my lovely incision decided that it would unleash it's hematoma and let me bleed.  Yeah.  BUT it was pretty cool.  A. Due to some college classes I took. I wasn't freaking out and I kinda knew what it was.  And B.  I was able to handle the situation with caution, care and totally did what I would have had to pay the nurses to do.  so yeah.  

The kids enjoyed all sorts of fun things.  Like watching candle making, black smithing....*is that a word? A man who was there.  Sewed his own clothing with needle and thread.  NO sewing machine.  The guy was also kind of a dork and not very nice but we wont go into that. 

 Thanks to the Hale Center Theater for letting these darling little ones get dressed up.  I think my boys look dapper. 
Well apparently there is no space between the top and bottom collage.  So the top one (with the red) they were making their own yard.  And let me tell you.  doing that thing with that one thing. Was really hard.  And yes I dont know what they were called.  Poor M didn't want to do much of anything. Im thinking she wasn't feeling to hot.  Poor chicka.  
Now with the bottom photos.  Hahahaha Ok so I went to the bathroom and left Ethan to take photos.  So these are his photos. :D  I find it interesting that he had like five shots of the guns.  He really like the craftsmanship. 

Now to one of my favorite holidays.  The FOURTH of July!  

 Every year we get up at the crack of dawn and watch the annual Freedom Festival Hot Air Balloon race.  Yep we are crazy.  BUT we love it. 
 Then for the second time ever we went to the place where all the stuff happens.  We didn't know that there was a place for kids to go and hang out.  It was brilliant.  Burnt no money out of our pockets and there was an animal show (as shown above.)  Don't you just love Dannan's face.  Yeah that was taken right after the guy closed his mouth with a freakin scorpion in his mouth.  Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  Im not squmish but that... yeah that does it for me. 
 Free face painting, making crap.. I mean crafts and free hair dos and nail polish.

 Then we headed over to the creamery for dinner and then to the Smoot building to watch us some fire works.  It was beautiful.  The weather was HOT but after the sun set it was perfect.  The kids LOVED the glow sticks as usual.  


Finally we got out camping.  I have been wanting to go camping for weeks.  I mean WEEKS.  Im devistated that this year I yet again wont be able to go to Bear Lake. (grumble grumble)  but I do however live close enough to places where I can go up the mountians and camp.  It was fun.  
 Yes the first collage is just of one little chicka.  Hahahaha.  This girl cracks me up.  I love Kayk.  She is a delight and I just love her. 
The bottom is just pics of everyone there.  We didn't do much but oh we ate GOOD!  Costco cookies, steak cubes with potatoes, carrots and cream of mushrooms.  It was Soooooooooooooo good.  Breakfast the hubs made the food because us Wives were so tired. The kids said "Why is it that the worst cooks are  cooking and the better ones are not??"  LOL made me feel good.  
Anyways so that is my update.  Hope you enjoyed it.  Look forward to Reunion time, more camp outs, And two awesome people's birthdays. :D 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In the one collage I think you meant they're making *yarn*, rather than "yard". It looks like they're carding wool. I wish we'd been able to come with you to the colonial days thing. It looks like it was awesome! Alas, I had too much going on at that time. I can't believe summer is already over halfway over!

Alyssa said...

I was totally planning on going to Colonial days when I saw it in the magazine this year, but then forgot about it when the day actually rolled around. Looks so fun! Sorry your body kinda hates it these days :(.

Your boys absolutely do look dashing.

Laus said...

Yay! So glad you got to go camping!