Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Going in for one thing coming out with another

So remember back in 2008 I had surgery on my shoulder?  Yeah... So I went in to see Dr. Weening.  Who by the way is amazing!  Anyways.  So I went in and I told him that my shoulder was bothering me so much.  I can't do things that I used to do three months ago.  So he did some test and an X ray.
Oh this is so awesome.  The screw that they put into my shoulder to keep it from popping out is COMING OUT!  Wait what???  Yeah it's coming out on it's own.  Apparently my body doesn't like the feel of foreign objects.
So this is what is going on.  The screw that they put in has some how loosened so much that it has scrapped at the bone that it was in, into a HUGE crater in my shoulder.  OH yeah.  I know you guys all be hatin me and my total awesome issues.  
I knew that surgery was going to be needed.  Needless to say I wasn't expecting it to be TODAY!  Yeah.... Um sure I guess.  I have nothing better to do on a Tuesday than have surgery.   He acutally asked.  "So when would you like surgery?"  I told him "Well, Lets see July is out, and until the third week in August. I am pretty much full.  And I don't want to do it right before school starts so I guess we are looking into October."   He thought about it for a min. "Well I don't want to wait that long. Im worried that it will do more damage in the mean time.  So how about tomorrow?"   Well.  Ok then.  I guess Tuesday is the day Im having surgery.  Which is today!  
So now I am waiting to call the hospital at 1 and see when they want me to come in.  So far I am starving and I just want to crawl back into bed.  But I was smart and put all my clean laundry on my bed so I cannot lay down on it. :D  
So I have been keeping busy with blogging, reading blogs, face booking and also cleaning here and there.  It's kind of hard for me to clean when I am starving.  LOL I start to have the shakes and I keep having to go to the kitchen where there is food.  LOL So I am going to just hide out here in the basement. :D 
If I need to I will have Seth update you like he did last time.  But the last time I asked him to fill you avid readers he kinda complained just a little.  
Love you all and remember.   You never know when something is going to happen.  So live like it is the last day you live. 

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Holy Smolys Karla. I'm so sorry. Any idea what the recovery time frame is going to be? Hoping everything went well today.

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! That's crazy! Hope you are doing well.