Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wanna make some money

So I want to do two things.  One sell things I dont use or want anymore.  Like DVD's, Games, clothing,  My wedding dress.  And then I want to sell some of my photos I have taken and had people offer to buy some prints for me.
The problem is this.  I cannot for the life of me charge people for photos I take.  I mean.  I can but I feel bad.  Just because I have NEVER taken a college class.  I DONT have an awesome camera.  I have No way of getting prints before I make money.  Its to expensive.  I mean I can go to Costco and get prints but they are not great quality.  I want canvas, poster, and thicker paper for them to print on.  I did sell my picture of the SLC temple once.  It is one of the most favorite pictures I sell.  But that is pretty much it.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm  let me brain storm and get back to you guys on that one.  I have also done a TON of photo shoot lately.  And all of them free.  Which is bad I know.  But again, college, camera and it goes on.  I k now it is not the camera that makes the photo good.  Its the photographer.  But still... its hard for me to charge.
Ok... that is my vent.   I am not awesome like some people in their blogging abilities  But I try. 

3 comments:

Koreena said...

I have a hard time charging too for similar reasons. I charge mostly to make it worth my time away from my family, but it's not nearly what I should.

Stacey said...

You are such a generous person. Even if you don't have a so-called "amazing" camera,you are still taking time out of your schedule to take pictures. I think most people would be willing to pay you $20 just for that. I think your pictures are awesome!

Good luck with selling those items!

You are so fabulous to take pics of my kids for me so I don't have to pay $60 for a few shots. Love ya!

Ora said...

Karla... I never have taken a college class for photos either.. Have confidence, and accept the offer to pay when they come (I know how you feel though, sometimes I still struggle with those same feelings) As for prints, I would have them pay before you deliver them, that way you can have your printing costs covered up front.

Much love!