Do you ever do this? I do all the time. But it has gotten worse. Every time I read the obituaries (yes I do even though I am NOT "old") I think about my Grandparents. All four of mine are still alive. Three of them are in great health, one of them not so much.
I sit here and I think of all the wonderful things my Grandparents did for me as a child, teen and even now as an adult. When I see something that reminds me of them I think about how that came to be.
When I see old men with "oil" in their hair I think of my mom's father. He always is so handsome, well kept and a hard worker. When I smell a certain lotion my mom's mom wears I think of her. I can see her in her room in California with blue carpet and the big window opened to the back of the house. The smell of Jasmine Honey Suckle is also a HUGE favorite. I think of California and my long walks with Grandma around the blocks of Cali.
When I see or smell farms I think of my hard working Fillmore grandparents. My dad's parents. When I see cowboy stuff, horses, and old men with suspenders I think of him. (my dad's dad) He always wore a cowboy hat, had a love for horses and he just recently is wearing the suspenders which I think are so adorable on old men.
Baby lotion, the smell of herbs, Rose marry (sorry about the spelling), Ricola cough drops, and warm hands I think of my dad's mom. She is such a wonderful lady and I am sad to say that she is pretty much blind. That is one of the worst things that I think could happen. Going blind. I would rather go deaf then go blind. My sight is pretty much my most valued thing I have. It breaks my heart. I just don't know how I would feel if I saw my sight going away.
I also have this necklace my mom gave me that her father gave her. It is a simple pearl with white gold surrounding it to keep it in. That makes me think of my mom. Simple, beautiful and wonderful. When I see strong cracked hands that have for sure seen better days. I think of my dad. He works so hard and has for his whole life. He is strong. A lot of people are scared when they first meet him. My BIL was terrified of him. LOL but seriously he is a BIG teddy bear.
Anyways I just thought I would write this down. You know just incase someday I forget or something.
I sit here and I think of all the wonderful things my Grandparents did for me as a child, teen and even now as an adult. When I see something that reminds me of them I think about how that came to be.
When I see old men with "oil" in their hair I think of my mom's father. He always is so handsome, well kept and a hard worker. When I smell a certain lotion my mom's mom wears I think of her. I can see her in her room in California with blue carpet and the big window opened to the back of the house. The smell of Jasmine Honey Suckle is also a HUGE favorite. I think of California and my long walks with Grandma around the blocks of Cali.
When I see or smell farms I think of my hard working Fillmore grandparents. My dad's parents. When I see cowboy stuff, horses, and old men with suspenders I think of him. (my dad's dad) He always wore a cowboy hat, had a love for horses and he just recently is wearing the suspenders which I think are so adorable on old men.
Baby lotion, the smell of herbs, Rose marry (sorry about the spelling), Ricola cough drops, and warm hands I think of my dad's mom. She is such a wonderful lady and I am sad to say that she is pretty much blind. That is one of the worst things that I think could happen. Going blind. I would rather go deaf then go blind. My sight is pretty much my most valued thing I have. It breaks my heart. I just don't know how I would feel if I saw my sight going away.
I also have this necklace my mom gave me that her father gave her. It is a simple pearl with white gold surrounding it to keep it in. That makes me think of my mom. Simple, beautiful and wonderful. When I see strong cracked hands that have for sure seen better days. I think of my dad. He works so hard and has for his whole life. He is strong. A lot of people are scared when they first meet him. My BIL was terrified of him. LOL but seriously he is a BIG teddy bear.
Anyways I just thought I would write this down. You know just incase someday I forget or something.
1 comment:
I had no idea you had grandparents in CA....why didn't I know this before. We should totally road trip now that there's a good excuse to go. Maybe the kids fall break? That would be an awesome time to get to warmer weather.
Post a Comment