Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Running

There are two things.

1. Running for my life.  I feel like I need to run.  Since I have dropped a hefty 40 lbs. (which is almost 2, 25 lbs bag of flour)  I feel lighter.  Now my knees don't think that but soon.  Soon my friends I shall wiz past you and you will think.  "Wait was that Karla?!?"

2. Running away from food.  Gah!  Seriously I have "slipped" so many times in the past month.  I gained weight instead of loosing it. :(  Im crying because I know it was my own stupidity and selfishness that got me there.

I wish that I could just get rid of my weight fast.  Then keep it off with the diet.  It is so frustrating to be fat.  One of my BIL's (wont mention names and since I have like 9 of them no one can guess who) said "You know its stupid for you to watch what you eat and not enjoy life.  You should just eat it.  It is so worth it."  I think to myself  "YOU have NEVER been fat!  EVER!  Like REALLY REALLY FAT!"  It's hard.  And being a woman in this day and age.  It's like if you are not at least within your range of healthy weight then you are ugly, mean and lazy.

I am trying to NOT be lazy.  NOT be sick, NOT be of use to my children.  I am trying to do the best I can.

Ok sorry... just a little soapbox drama there.  

I have been going on speed walks with a good friend Sabine (pronounced Sabina)  She is A MAZING!  And if you live close and want to join us.  Just ask us when we go and come on by.  We would LOVE to have you.  More the merrier and less chances of us being rapped, mobbed or you know other things that we really don't want to have happen to us. :D

I also have been doing Zumba at night in my own home.  Just because if I did it in public I would scare off small children and their mothers.

I am enjoying new things though.  Like fresh steamed green beans.  Im not going to lie.  I hated them when I was young.  My mom and Grandmother would go out buy a HUGE bag of fresh green beans, pluck off the gross ends and pressure cook them.  I was disgusted.  Won't my Grandmother be oh so surprised when I beg for her to make them.  I am looking forward to that day.

I also want to make a HUGE shout out to Corilee.  We love you.  Hope you get better soon.  Corilee is my Mother in law.  She is the example to me to loose this weight the way I am.  She has changed me for the better and I will be forever thankful for her.  She just had hip surgery for the second time.  Not on the same one.  So Get better soon.  Enjoy the love and the peace you will get from the prayers being said for you.

I am also making leaps and bounds with my spiritual growth.  Which is both great and alarming.  Because what if I am being prepared for some kind of calling.  Like a BIG calling.  I think I will pass out.  Stand up laugh and then pass out again.  Tee hee.  Seriously people I just don't know if I could do such callings.  But whatever the Lord hands out I know he is there.  I know that he is aware and the he is there to help me, hold my hand and lend me a shoulder to cry on.

Oh and a shout out to my awesome sponsor.  LOVE YOU!!!  You know who you are and I know that you are there for me and take my faults in every way. 

2 comments:

Laus said...

You may have me interested in Zumba....I am getting tired of my aerobics DVD and I'm not ready to start running yet--April? May?...I need to know it's going to me warm every time I go to run. ;)

You are looking SOOOO good too! But then, you've always looked good. BTW, I've always been skinny (minus my toddler years) and I'm not a fan.

Jena said...

Go Karla!!