Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 and Beyond

I wish I knew what the future held for me. You know having that knowledge when and how you were going to die would make people so much more nicer ya know what I mean.  But it could also backfire and everyone would be so rude and not so friendly till just a few weeks prior to dying.  So I guess it's good for us... I guess.

But here we are in the year 2012.  Things that I wish they had that movies said "would" happen.
Flying cars

Teleporting -  you know what forget flying cars.  If I could teleport anywhere any time I think I would be very happy. Seeing my Grandparents and not having to drive for hours would be so much easier.  And think of the crisis of gas.  LOL we wouldnt need any.  I say we should really start looking into this.

Well I guess that is all I really would like so I am not going to go on with my movie thing.  LOL

Now to what New Years is all about.  RESOLUTIONS!

1.  Learn a new "big people word"  weekly.  I learned one today actually.  oenophile.  Apparently one of my family members has decided to be one. So I learned a new word.  It means to be pretty much a great wine drinker.  Or a drinker of fine wine.  I think that is what it really is. 

What in the world???  Something happened to my lettering.  Oh well.  Lets go on shall we?

2. Lose 60 lbs.  I have lost almost 40.  So I am happy.  But now its getting a little harder because of two things.  One is that I have a hard time keeping food down.  So I am always more hungry. I am also Hypoglycimic which really sucks because it makes me dizzy.  So my Dr. said if I feel dizzy to eat something small..... Uh well that doesnt really happen on this diet.  So now I am trying to figure out a way how to stick to it and still feel good.

3.  Walk daily.  At least 30 min.

4. Write either on this blog or in my journal.  I have a really hard time writting in my journal because seriously its just ...... boring.  I think I have mentioned this before.

5.  Be a better mom.  I know we all could improve and I think most mom's say this yearly.  But I think we all can improve in some areas in being a mom.  Mine is more.... Less yelling and more lovingly telling my kids that they had broken some rule.

6.  Look more like I try to get ready daily then not.  I had someone say to me lately "Wow  you look good.  Where you going?"   I reply "No where just wanted to look nice."   "Well you should do it more often."  Well there ya go.  A nice incentive to go out and try to look nice.

7.  Be a better friend.  I want to not offend people.  Apparently I have.  So with that I am going to try to not do what I dont know that I did wrong to others.  So if I did offend you.  Please tell me how I can fix it.  I mean I would rather have my pride hurt then to have it not be addressed and you say you dont want me to talk, look, speak or even be in the same room as you for as long as we both shall live.

8.  Read more books

9.  Go on regular dates with my hubs and to the temple.  That would improve my whole being actually.

and last

10.  Be more open about my religion.  Not that I am going to force you to read the Book Of Mormon of join my church or even make you go here What I believe.  I know who I am, where I am going (hopefully) and who I am trying to be like.

In all of this I just want to be a better person all around.  A happy person to others and a greater person to myself.  I know that you can only be as good as you think you are to others.  If you do not believe in yourself then how do you expect others to believe in you.  Ok well.... I guess that is all.  Have a great night and hope your week is great.  I know mine is.  My kids are going back to school!!!  YAY  I mean. Aw I will miss them so much that my heart will not stop hurting till they can come home and fight. ;) But I do love my kids but... not the bickering, and name calling.



4 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

Great resolutions. What are you doing for weight loss? My primal lifestyle lets me eat whenever I want so it is good for hypoglycemia. I have a friend who is doing a similar plan and has lost over 70 pounds (I'm only at 40, but I will admit to slacking a lot over the holiday season). Also I would love to walk with you. I take the dog every morning and most nights if you ever want to meet up!

Laus said...

Great goals! I usually set all the goals for us each year and this year it's been a bummer trying to figure out what we want to do and to set goals together...so I set mine to biting my tongue to improve a number of things in my life...including better mothering and not offending people especially unintentionally :)

Koreena said...

Those are some great resolutions! Thanks for sharing.

Jena said...

Awesome. I am so excited for all you've accomplished and for everything coming up--Woohoo!!!