So today was actually a pretty great day. I got up at 730 am. Got ready and went to the Timp Temple to do a photo session for one of my sisters friends. Danni woke up before anyone else did and came with me. She did okay but I would much rather have gone by myself so then I could just focus on this really fun little family.
But it was neat because I have NEVER seen her so still as I did while we were waiting for the couple to come out and be with their family. She was so reverent and quiet. I told her to look around inside and to see what she liked. But she wasnt able to pass the glass doors that were between the foyer and the inside of the actual temple. She did. She walked around stared at the photo of Christ that hangs in the foyer and she looked at the floor, the windows, the lights. Then she came and sat down and was just silent. I need to ask her what she liked and how she felt while we were there.
I had a really neat thought and feeling while there. I have been searching for peace for over a month. It felt good to have a real experience. I felt the spirit so strong. Even though I was not doing temple work. I still felt the spirit and it felt nice to have such a peace. I really need to start out my Saturday's like this. Maybe I will. Maybe I will go and meet my sisters at the Provo temple in the morning. We can go our own ways then meet up afterward and get breakfast or something like that.
Anyways... I did the photos and it was fun. I just hope some of them will work out because this little guy that was sealed to his family for time and all eternity was so happy. Smiling and just loving life. I know he must have seen his brothers, sisters, and other family members that have been or will be part of his eternal family.
I know some of you are LDS. But if you want to learn more you can go Here to learn more.
I know that when I go to the temple I can feel such a peace and closeness to our Heavenly Father. It makes it so much more real when I know that he is there.
Now on with the rest of the day. My childhood friend Katie and her hubby took Seth and I out for lunch. It was so amazing. But let me back track here. I had asked my aunt if she would watch my kids. She said yes. So we were getting ready to leave and my kids were at a friends house. I went over there and the kids were "dying" because they wanted to stay and play more. Then Olinda came down and said "No let the kids play! They are so good and so well behaved" I said "well we are not planning on being back till around 3. Are you sure?" "Yes.! Yes!" Ok so I left my kids with Olinda. WHAT A WONDERFUL WOMAN! Yes I am yelling because she is. I have made such a great friend in such a little time. We have so much fun when we visit and she is an amazing woman who has not seen her mom in forever. Oh what I would do to have the money and visa's to have her mom and dad here to visit. She has not seen her mom in like 10 years. :O I would DIE if I couldn't see my mom for that long.
Anyways...... So we went to lunch at Cafe Pesane. ??? On the spelling but HELLO!! it was good. And they have Gluten free stuff. So I got a pizza. (Now Jena they have it but it is not a GF kitchen so they have traces of Wheat in their stuff. So yeah that doesn't bother me but I know it would you.) I have not had a good pizza in forever! It was delicious. It had spicy chicken, peppers, cheese, tomato sauce *which is to die for* and green things. I dont know what it was but it was good... oh and Baccon. Just enough for flavor but not enough to make me so sick I would die.
Then we went to MY most favorite Ice Cream place. Farr's Fresh! HELLO! If you have not been there GO!. I get the Lactose free Pinapple Frozen soft served "ice cream" and then I top it with strawberries, Raspberries, and Passion Fruit! SO GOOD! Yes I am yelling in this because it is that good.
Then I came home, Feeling full and happy. Seth left to watch the BYU football game with some friends (which BYU barely won 14 to 13 against the other team) YAY!!!!
I then met up with Stace. And LOL Ok so I gotta tell you this funny thing. Well I found it hilarious I dont know if the rest of you will.
So we met up at the park in Lindon. The one across from the Los Hermonos. And I had Savvy (cute baby BTW) and she wanted to swing. But they didn't have a baby swing. So I was going to swing with her. Well..... I couldn't get in the swing. NO its not because I am huge. But because the swing was like 4.5 feet off the ground. It was insane. I dont know about 4.5 but seriously I could NOT get on the swing while holding her. LOL so here comes the fun part. Well if you can imagine it. I get on the swing but then I can't bend down the get savvy without falling out of the swing. So I put my foot between her legs. boost her up with my foot onto my other leg. Lift that leg up with her on it and then grab her and set her on my lap. Whew that was hard. Then comes trying to swing. Normally I would just push on the ground with my feet and get a good start then get going pretty high. Well.... like said above. I couldn't touch the ground. So I wiggled and started to laugh because I am sure it is a sight to see a larger woman with a babe in arms trying to get started. LOL I was dying. Stace then had to come push me. LOL I felt so silly. Then we got to swing for a good twenty min. Oh man I bet it was funny to see. But she was happy and that is all that mattered.
Came home and got ready for bed. Now I can't sleep but I have written a post! YAY! But Boo for no photos of cute babies. :( OH well have a great FAST Sunday.
But it was neat because I have NEVER seen her so still as I did while we were waiting for the couple to come out and be with their family. She was so reverent and quiet. I told her to look around inside and to see what she liked. But she wasnt able to pass the glass doors that were between the foyer and the inside of the actual temple. She did. She walked around stared at the photo of Christ that hangs in the foyer and she looked at the floor, the windows, the lights. Then she came and sat down and was just silent. I need to ask her what she liked and how she felt while we were there.
I had a really neat thought and feeling while there. I have been searching for peace for over a month. It felt good to have a real experience. I felt the spirit so strong. Even though I was not doing temple work. I still felt the spirit and it felt nice to have such a peace. I really need to start out my Saturday's like this. Maybe I will. Maybe I will go and meet my sisters at the Provo temple in the morning. We can go our own ways then meet up afterward and get breakfast or something like that.
Anyways... I did the photos and it was fun. I just hope some of them will work out because this little guy that was sealed to his family for time and all eternity was so happy. Smiling and just loving life. I know he must have seen his brothers, sisters, and other family members that have been or will be part of his eternal family.
I know some of you are LDS. But if you want to learn more you can go Here to learn more.
I know that when I go to the temple I can feel such a peace and closeness to our Heavenly Father. It makes it so much more real when I know that he is there.
Now on with the rest of the day. My childhood friend Katie and her hubby took Seth and I out for lunch. It was so amazing. But let me back track here. I had asked my aunt if she would watch my kids. She said yes. So we were getting ready to leave and my kids were at a friends house. I went over there and the kids were "dying" because they wanted to stay and play more. Then Olinda came down and said "No let the kids play! They are so good and so well behaved" I said "well we are not planning on being back till around 3. Are you sure?" "Yes.! Yes!" Ok so I left my kids with Olinda. WHAT A WONDERFUL WOMAN! Yes I am yelling because she is. I have made such a great friend in such a little time. We have so much fun when we visit and she is an amazing woman who has not seen her mom in forever. Oh what I would do to have the money and visa's to have her mom and dad here to visit. She has not seen her mom in like 10 years. :O I would DIE if I couldn't see my mom for that long.
Anyways...... So we went to lunch at Cafe Pesane. ??? On the spelling but HELLO!! it was good. And they have Gluten free stuff. So I got a pizza. (Now Jena they have it but it is not a GF kitchen so they have traces of Wheat in their stuff. So yeah that doesn't bother me but I know it would you.) I have not had a good pizza in forever! It was delicious. It had spicy chicken, peppers, cheese, tomato sauce *which is to die for* and green things. I dont know what it was but it was good... oh and Baccon. Just enough for flavor but not enough to make me so sick I would die.
Then we went to MY most favorite Ice Cream place. Farr's Fresh! HELLO! If you have not been there GO!. I get the Lactose free Pinapple Frozen soft served "ice cream" and then I top it with strawberries, Raspberries, and Passion Fruit! SO GOOD! Yes I am yelling in this because it is that good.
Then I came home, Feeling full and happy. Seth left to watch the BYU football game with some friends (which BYU barely won 14 to 13 against the other team) YAY!!!!
I then met up with Stace. And LOL Ok so I gotta tell you this funny thing. Well I found it hilarious I dont know if the rest of you will.
So we met up at the park in Lindon. The one across from the Los Hermonos. And I had Savvy (cute baby BTW) and she wanted to swing. But they didn't have a baby swing. So I was going to swing with her. Well..... I couldn't get in the swing. NO its not because I am huge. But because the swing was like 4.5 feet off the ground. It was insane. I dont know about 4.5 but seriously I could NOT get on the swing while holding her. LOL so here comes the fun part. Well if you can imagine it. I get on the swing but then I can't bend down the get savvy without falling out of the swing. So I put my foot between her legs. boost her up with my foot onto my other leg. Lift that leg up with her on it and then grab her and set her on my lap. Whew that was hard. Then comes trying to swing. Normally I would just push on the ground with my feet and get a good start then get going pretty high. Well.... like said above. I couldn't touch the ground. So I wiggled and started to laugh because I am sure it is a sight to see a larger woman with a babe in arms trying to get started. LOL I was dying. Stace then had to come push me. LOL I felt so silly. Then we got to swing for a good twenty min. Oh man I bet it was funny to see. But she was happy and that is all that mattered.
Came home and got ready for bed. Now I can't sleep but I have written a post! YAY! But Boo for no photos of cute babies. :( OH well have a great FAST Sunday.
4 comments:
I just went to Cafe Paesan for the first time the other week and I loved it too! And Farr's Fresh, I haven't been there but the Farr's are my ancestors and they are the ones who started the ice cream store. Yay.
Sounds like a GREAT day! Glad you had fun. I think I would have given up on the swing. Good for you, I bet Savvy loved it!
Mmmmm...Farrs fresh!
That night was a fun time! I'm cracking up now just thinking about it. :)
Hey Karla,
Sorry I didn't get back to you. We were only in the hospital for one night and it went by fast! But thanks for thinking of us and offering to help. You are so nice! We are back in Price but we should get together next time we are up north :) I'll let you know!
Emily
Post a Comment