Tuesday, August 30, 2011

School is now in session!

Yes that is an exclamation point at the end of that sentence.  I am so happy!  Yes I miss my kids (sometimes) and I do love that that they miss me.  But lets get real.  I am a mom of four really energetic children.  Three boys and one little (queenie) daughter.

Lets put it this way.  In the summer my kids wake up and they will do whatever they want till about 9 or so.  Then I tell them to get dressed.  They mope and S.L.O.W.L.Y.... get their clothes on and all the while whinning that they dont have their favorite shirt, pants, undies and other clothing items because they had wore them for three days straight prior and I put them in the laundry room.  Then I would say "time to read and practice writting"  then that is when (pardon my french) but All Hell broke loose.  "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOM YOU are SOOOOOOOOOOO mean!!!! " Then wailing and gnashing of teeth were present.  So I would send them to time out for what ever age they were then they would cry more and pound and hit things on the way to the time out area.  SO then I would say "Hey 2x's longer than what was said because of your attitude while going to time out"   Then they would sit on the floor. I would give warning that if they didn't move their little tushies that mommy would come over and drag, pull or even carry them to that area and it would be 3 x's longer.  And if they came out before said time then they were in there for longer.

And all of this usually before 10 am. Yeah... it's that bad sometimes.  We did have some good times and we did enjoy it.  But most days. Yeah it was this.  So can you see why I am so happy my kids are in school!  

Ethan is in a really great class.  His teacher is super awesome.  She is so aware and really sensitive to Ethan's sensitive side. He is really smart but he keeps saying he isn't.  Its kinda frustrating.

Logan has the same teacher Ethan had in 3rd grade. Oh I forgot to mention that Ethan is now in 5th Grade!  Can you believe that!!!  Ok now to Logan.  He is still trying to figure out his meds.  And so are we.  But he is getting better at paying attention and starting to feel like he can think.   He came home and said "Mom I can think now without having to really try.  That is such a relief to me.

Truman has the amazing Mrs. Fausett.  We LOVE her!!!!  She is amazing!  I can't tell you how much we love this wonderful teacher.  All of my boys so far have had her and now she has Truman.  Truman is really loving school and he knew her before he was in her class so he is really comfortable with her.

Ah  I am so happy!  My heartburn is pretty much gone.  I can actually think without thinking of how the kids would react.  So no I am not a mom that is like "Wah my kids are in school.  I don't know what I will do without my little ones. And whatever shall I do in my spare time"  My kids are my world believe me.  But nothing is better than having them gone for part of the day to make me more sane! :D And that is totally the truth.

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I LOVE how perfectly honest you are. It's so refreshing! Miss you.

Jena said...

I'm afraid ;)

Stacey said...

Ditto to your post. I still have 2 at home all day but I like to get a break. :)