Sunday, July 3, 2011

New View

So life is like a rollercoaster, It reminded me of a quote from a movie
 "You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it. " ~From the grandmother in Parenthood


I was thinking about it tonight as we were sitting there letting the kids get all wet in the creek at BYU.  Our kids were happy, having fun playing in the creek.  Then they would start to get to far away so Seth would do his Whistle and the kids knew that they had gotten to far and that they are to come back.  Sometimes they would listen and they would be great.  Other times they would look up *giving us the yes I heard you but dont want to come look* and they would go further.  Then we would get upset and have them do a timeout.  They would get mad and want to go back to playing.  We would talk to them and let them know what they had done to be in time out. 
I thought about how we in our own lives do this.  We go about doing our daily things. We get so used to the same ol things that sometimes we dont want to listen and do something different. OR we are doing things so off the right track that we just dont care.  Just as long as we are having fun and enjoying ourselves it should be great. 
I find myself in these thoughtful moments when I am tired.  So I am hoping this makes sense.  Or  I will read this later and be like "Ok...............what in the world was I thinking"


Another thing Kittens.
I know, I know.  They are just cats.  But seriously.  I never thought I could love an animal as much as I do my two little babies.  Yes you read that correctly BABIES.  I came home tonight... Well Last night since it is now 1:30 am on Sunday.  We were tired from a long day.  And we just wanted to go to sleep.  I first had to see my kittens before I could.  So I finished the dessert I made for the blessing for a friends baby tomorrow.  And I went to look for them.  I found them and then went to their room to refill their food and water.  Low and behold when Seth was vacuuming he had left their food on the top of a dresser where the kittens couldn't get too.  I felt awful.  I started to feel so bad. I hurried and got them fresh food and fresh water and called them to me.  Thunder *who I LOVE* came to me and was purrrrrrrrrrrrrring like crazy.  I went to put him down and he wouldn't let me.  He had (hugged) kinda, sorta did and he was nuzzling against my neck and chest.  Then I showed him his food was where it is placed and he jumped down and ate like crazy.  We then went to bed.  But the kittens were scared of all the firework noises going on outside of the house.  And they meowed for us.  Seth was already asleep so I got the kittens out of their room and played with them and gave them milk (which is a treat).  They were the most happiest kittens.  Purring and crawling all over me.  It was so cute.  Then I thought "Wow I really Truly love these little kittens,  Like as if they were my very own"
I know weird huh.  Anyways just thought a would share this with you.
Hope you all have a wonderful FOURTH of JULY!!!!

No comments: