You know when you are having a good moment in life, is when you remember the happy times from your childhood brew in your mind.
I was at Costco with the kids today. They were fighting as normal. What were they fighting over? Who got to carry what and what kind of bread we bought. Then they were calling each other names as we were leaving the store. Not nice names either. Like pretty crude ones that I am very sure most of you guys have called your siblings. LOL and NO this is not a good time.
But as we got home the kids had time outs and got to think about life for a moment and what counts. They came out apologized and went on and played like nothing had happened. I remember as a child doing such things. I remember how I don't really remember what we fought about. Probably silly and stupid things like what my kids fought about at the store.
Then I remember times when we did have fun. For me it was rare. Because I was the oldest I felt like I had to be the "mother hen" when mom wasn't around. So it was hard for me to remember good times. But one that sticks out in my mind was when we moved to my parents current house. I got my own room. Hallelujah!!!! My brother and my sisters would always come into my room and we would talk. Or make up some stupid game to play or my favorite make up dumb songs. Seriously we were dorks.
One time while we were "rapping" LOL me rap that is so funny to envision I bet. Anyways............ Rana had just come home from band practice and Troy and I were on a roll. I don't remember our rap but then Rana comes in (which is a funnier site to envision.) and we were like "common it's fun" she pipes up and then she beatboxes for a min and then adds in "I am Rana and I like to singa. But I like to eat pie and I go to Orem high." Then beat boxes again and ends. Troy and I are rolling on the floor laughing. Just because Hello Rana is NOT a rapper. Yes a great vocalist and can sing beautifully but NOT a rapper.
I think the best memories I have of my life are really when I was a teen. Troy and I did a lot of funny things. Like make up dyslexic threats to the world from aliens. And the time when Troy had longish hair and we curled it and dressed him in a dress and took photos. (BTW where did those go anyways???)
With Rana.... well it's sad to say that we didn't get along well. But the times we did have fun were the times I helped her get ready for dances. Or when I got to help her get "kidnapped" for getting into Show and Chamber. It's sad that we didn't get along. We get along better now but it was when we were little we NEVER ever got along well. I think it's the age difference. 13 mo apart was a little to close. And we are so different in many ways.
With Cora my "baby sister" (till the twins came) I would help her cook. One time we made pancakes and she demanded that I let her make some of her own pancakes in her own little bowl with her own plates etc.... It was funny. I also remember times when I was mean. Oh I was mean. I was a teaser. One time Cora had gotten heat stroke. And she would play that card ALL THE TIME! So one time we were collecting rocks in our backyard. She was out there for like 10 min. Then she was claiming she had heat stroke. So I would complain like she was. I was a mean sister now that I think of it. Man no wonder my Younger/older siblings didn't like me. LOL
Anyways I do love remembering good times I had growing up. Some cause me pain and I become depressed but then I quickly dismiss them and go on.
I was at Costco with the kids today. They were fighting as normal. What were they fighting over? Who got to carry what and what kind of bread we bought. Then they were calling each other names as we were leaving the store. Not nice names either. Like pretty crude ones that I am very sure most of you guys have called your siblings. LOL and NO this is not a good time.
But as we got home the kids had time outs and got to think about life for a moment and what counts. They came out apologized and went on and played like nothing had happened. I remember as a child doing such things. I remember how I don't really remember what we fought about. Probably silly and stupid things like what my kids fought about at the store.
Then I remember times when we did have fun. For me it was rare. Because I was the oldest I felt like I had to be the "mother hen" when mom wasn't around. So it was hard for me to remember good times. But one that sticks out in my mind was when we moved to my parents current house. I got my own room. Hallelujah!!!! My brother and my sisters would always come into my room and we would talk. Or make up some stupid game to play or my favorite make up dumb songs. Seriously we were dorks.
One time while we were "rapping" LOL me rap that is so funny to envision I bet. Anyways............ Rana had just come home from band practice and Troy and I were on a roll. I don't remember our rap but then Rana comes in (which is a funnier site to envision.) and we were like "common it's fun" she pipes up and then she beatboxes for a min and then adds in "I am Rana and I like to singa. But I like to eat pie and I go to Orem high." Then beat boxes again and ends. Troy and I are rolling on the floor laughing. Just because Hello Rana is NOT a rapper. Yes a great vocalist and can sing beautifully but NOT a rapper.
I think the best memories I have of my life are really when I was a teen. Troy and I did a lot of funny things. Like make up dyslexic threats to the world from aliens. And the time when Troy had longish hair and we curled it and dressed him in a dress and took photos. (BTW where did those go anyways???)
With Rana.... well it's sad to say that we didn't get along well. But the times we did have fun were the times I helped her get ready for dances. Or when I got to help her get "kidnapped" for getting into Show and Chamber. It's sad that we didn't get along. We get along better now but it was when we were little we NEVER ever got along well. I think it's the age difference. 13 mo apart was a little to close. And we are so different in many ways.
With Cora my "baby sister" (till the twins came) I would help her cook. One time we made pancakes and she demanded that I let her make some of her own pancakes in her own little bowl with her own plates etc.... It was funny. I also remember times when I was mean. Oh I was mean. I was a teaser. One time Cora had gotten heat stroke. And she would play that card ALL THE TIME! So one time we were collecting rocks in our backyard. She was out there for like 10 min. Then she was claiming she had heat stroke. So I would complain like she was. I was a mean sister now that I think of it. Man no wonder my Younger/older siblings didn't like me. LOL
Anyways I do love remembering good times I had growing up. Some cause me pain and I become depressed but then I quickly dismiss them and go on.
No comments:
Post a Comment