So today is my oldest boy's birthday. I can't believe he is already 10! Seriously am I really old enough to have a child that is in the double digits??
It's like I was holding him in my arms at 3:50 pm today. His sweet little humming he did when he would sleep. His light strawberry blonde hair. His sweet little baby coo's when he would snuggle up to me. It's like he grew up over night. That isn't supposed to happen. He is supposed to stay small and always within arms reach to give me a hug.
He is a great kid. Even though at times I wonder where that sweet boy went and left me with a boy who doesnt want to do anything but play the computer.
There are things I dont think I would ever forget.
* giving me lovies every night.
* sining him to sleep
* having his sweet cherub cheeks red with the winter.
* his Fabio pose
* his sound for the fire trucks "woo woo's"
* his sweet mama cries when he needed me the most.
* The way he would laugh at the littlest things
* The way that he would just get things after you showed him the first time
*When he broke my tiffany's crystal glass candy dish. Which was behind a glass door that had a child proof lock. Just so he could grab the M&M's.
* how he LOVED watching Barney and TeleTubbies.
* how he LOVED to dance to everything. Espcially going to Janjen's house and dancing to Boogie Woogie
* His big blue eyes just gazing at me.
*The sweet little notes and his kisses when he is sad.
* The way he LOVES to get dirty.
* When he spilled 3 gallons of milk over a two day period.
* Then after that two day period having him and Logan dump out a band new can of Enfamil all over the barley washed floor. (and I didnt get mad that time)
* The times we spent sleeping on the couch when he was sick
* The sweet little tunes he would play on his little piano
* Singing "I love to sing the Temple" With his cute little lisp.
I am glad he was born first. He is such a good little boy. I know most times I think "goodness where in the world did that sweet boy go?" Those are the times when all of these memories flood back. When in that moment I remember that He chose me to be his earthly mother. It's times like that when I think that i am so blessed to have such a strong willed boy to over come so many of his trials.
He is not only my little man. But I truly believe that he is here for my SIL Jen. They truly have a bond that is really hard to describe. I know Jen love's all her nieces and nephews. I know that with all my heart. But ever since Ethan was born I knew I had to share him with her. At times it makes me mad. He is mine. LOL But I know that he is here not only for me but for her. He chose me to be his mom so I could share him with her. Jen I truly really believe this with all my heart.
OK so now I am done.
I am crying so hard I cannot see the screen but I had to share. I am going to add a picture to this of him when he was little. Because he was and still is so CUTE!!!

4 comments:
I loved his Fabio pose and the "woo woo's" Haha!
I hope he had an awesome birthday!
Oh, I love the memories! Happy birthday to Ethan, what a sweet heart!
he's huge! I have pics of you guys when he was just a little sprout. It seems like wasn't so long ago, but I guess it was...wow. Anyways! Happy birthday to that kid!
What a cute little boy--and now so old! I can't believe it either. What a sweet post! Thanks so much for sharing him with me!
Post a Comment