Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mothers

Since Mothers Day is coming up I thought I would post a little about the women in my life. I just hope I am not repetitive as last years was.

This is my Mom on her wedding day.
She was married to my dad on Aug of 1978 in the Oakland Temple in California.
She is a mother of six kids.
She is deaf and has many qualities that are amazing!
She can:
Sew
Cook
Keep a CLEAN house
Frame
A hard worker
Provides for good times for the family
Is a great Grandma to my kids
Loves to do Genealogy
And LOVES walking



This is my Mother In Law
This is a photo from the last family photo shoot in 2008
She is the mother of NINE kids
She is great at the following:
Sewing
Painting
Reading
Scripture Study
And being a great Grandma also.



This is my Grandma Rusch
She is one of my best friends
I have her smile
We almost shared the same birthday
She raise THREE deaf daughters and two sons.
This photo was taken her senior year in High school
She lost all the women in her family by the time she was 16 years of age
She is great at these things
Making friends really easy
Really sweet
Sew
Knows talks from Past Conferences by heart
And can talk to any generation


This is my Grandma Tomkinson
She is a mother of 5 living 1 dead and 4 foster children
This photo was taken a year after she was married
She was married at 16!
I know back then it was different but still 16!
Mother to her first at 17!
She is great at the following:
Farming
Making really yummy whole wheat bread
Family home evenings
Keeping a journal (I am horrible at it)
And loving babies.
To all the women young or old. You all have an impact on my life. YOU all show me how to become better. I hope you all have a great Mothers day and know that God will bless you if you are a mom or not. For inspiring children.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Wonderful post! You have some terrific examples to look up to.

Ora said...

I still can't get over how much you and the twins look like your mom's mom! Aren't we all blessed to have great maternal lines? They help shape and mold each of us into the unique being we are! Go Mom's!

Anonymous said...

lovely tribute

Sabine Berlin said...

Happy Mother's day. What a neat post!

waiithog said...

So wonderful to read, I love the pictures. You do have your maternal grandmother's smile. You are both beautiful! They all sound like amazing women, and they should all be exceedingly proud of you because you are exceptional! Happy Mothers Day to you!!