Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pre Op- Hop

Truman is having surgery on the fourth of March. He was kind of worried about what was going to happen. So I called my SIL Janelle because her daughter had surgery three years ago. So I asked what she did and mentioned this little free program that UVRMC does. We didnt get a dolly but that is okay. I will be letting Truman pick a soft animal to take with him.
Anyways so we went and we were able to talk to the nurse one on one because we were the only ones there. It was fun and he had fun. The gals name is Rachel and she knew Janice. She was thrilled to take us around. The kids got stickers and hats and masks. They had alot of fun. Jan if you ever see her again tell her thanks so much.
She took us to all the rooms allowable and see all the things they will use. We met alot of nurses and doctors who were leaving for the day and they all wished him luck. If you ever have a child who needs surgery this is a fun way to introduce them to it.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Such cute pictures. I'm sorry I wasn't home when you called. I would have loved to have seen you guys! Tell Truby I'll be praying for him. I wish it wasn't on a day I was working. I'll have to come by and visit that day when I get home.

Love, Jenn

Flee said...

What is he having surgery on? And they all look so cute in their little hair hats. Adorable. :)

Stacey said...

Cute pics!! I'm glad they have a program like that for kids. Now he will be more familiar with the hospital. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Angie Page said...

Sorry to hear he needs surgery! I'm glad he is feeling less anxious now. What a great program!

MJ said...

I hope everything went OK today. Hug that little cutie for me :)