Sunday, January 31, 2010

Unity

Today in our combined class for church we talked about Unity. I was so overwhelmed with love and feeling compassion today I was just a wreck tears come when I spoke. An Elder in our ward spoke of this Unity and told us how we need to be united in our ward. To be as one to help each other lift each other and to be thoughtful.
I thought alot about my childhood. My Ward was totally different. Having deaf parents we were required to drive 30 to 45 min to church every Sunday. We would go even if the weather was bad. Oh and just to clear it up I have lived in UTAH my whole life. So to drive that long to church is pretty uncommon here. Anyways.... back to my thoughts.
I remember my dad having to get up at some odd hours in the morning to help bless someone who lived a while away. My mom Visiting Teaching her Sisters in Provo (we lived in Payson). I remember always having my parents knowing what was going on. Who was in trouble, who needed meals, prayers, and etc..... I shared this with my family ward. I told them that when I started to go to a "hearing" ward it was so different. To most people they think I am nosey. Or a gossip. But I find myself thinking of others often.
Then I shared a Quote from Sister Kimball which is at the top of my blog. "Never suppress a generous thought." I seriously LOVE that quote. For some reason I am always cooking or making cookies when I feel inspired to go give cookies to someone. I go and do and at the time I go and give them to them they have needed me.
I feel so blessed to know so much about people. Their situations. Their lives. I feel more united with them. I LOVE the gospel that I live. I LOVE that I am able to know the kindness my Father in heaven has for me. IT is just amazing of how many things we can accomplish.
I give you a challenge this week. Go out and try and unite yourself with someone in your ward. Try to help them understand that you care for them and that you really are looking out for them. I LOVE my ward. I dont know everyone but when you are there you feel this love. This feeling is so strong that at times I feel like crying to my Father in Heaven and thanking him for sending me this way.
I hope that all of you feel united at Church, In your home and most importantly in your FAMILY. :D

4 comments:

Holly said...

I love this post, Karla! I've always thought of you as a very loving and generous person. Now I know a little more about how you go about loving and serving others.

I need to follow your example! I tend to be quite absorbed in my own busy life. I don't reach out to others like I should. I'm going to take you up on your challenge and do something for someone else in our ward this week! Thanks for the uplifting, good works inspiring post!

KAT said...

That is quite a distance for Utah. We drive about that far now that we're living in NM. I've felt that we've always felt our wards become our extended family since we don't live so close to our own families.

ems said...

Very good thoughts! I have never been way connected to my ward, but I am going to do better! Thanks for the challenge.

MJ said...

Love this post. Thanks Karla.