
What the??? what is this supposed to be? Read on and you will find out more. If you are not interested in it then skip on down to where my story is.
Reflexology (zone therapy) is an alternative medicine method involving the practice of massaging or applying pressure to parts of the feet, or sometimes the hands and ears, with the goal of encouraging a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health[citation needed].
The Reflexology Association of Canada defines reflexology as: A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes without the use of tools, crèmes or lotions, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body. [1]
There is no consensus among reflexologists on how reflexology is supposed to work; a unifying theme is the idea that areas on the foot correspond to areas of the body, and that by manipulating these one can improve health through one's qi.[2]
Concerns have been raised by medical professionals that treating potentially serious illnesses with reflexology, which has no proven efficacy, could delay the seeking appropriate medical treatment.[3] A systematic review of the efficacy of reflexology found one study showing a statistically significant effect in the treatment of urinary symptoms in multiple sclerosis patients. All other conditions reviewed in this study showed no evidence of any specific effect.[4]
So now here you are at the story part of this post.
I have been sick for several months and have had illnesses for YEARS! I mean common how many times can a person get sick? (well Janelle you know) Anyways so I was talking to a friend of mine who is just amazing and she suggested I do this.
Fun fact: I had wanted to do this when I was in High school. I found it intreging and very fun to learn. I love the body and I would love to learn more about it.
ANNNNNNNNYWAYS so I get the number and I decide well what can it hurt. Yes I will be out 75 dollars but that is way better then going to the ER again and having them tell me NOTHING was wrong with me and to go home and take pain meds.
Today was the day I go and I have my feet worked on. I am not going to lie to you. It HURTS having this done. It was kinda funny that she said "You have a secret stubborness" I was like ??? Then it dawned on me I am that way when it comes to when I am sick or hurt. I dont like letting people know my woes. It just seems so pathetic. Anyways before all of this started I decided not to tell her what my issues were. She just went on her foot "massaging" way. *cringe* just thinking about it makes me hurt LOL.
So I found out lots of things I knew and lots of things I had no idea of but makes complete sense on why I feel the way I feel. So here is the list.
I knew list.....
Galbladder issues (hence no more bladder to have problems with)
Kidney stones
High Cholesteral
Lightheadedness
Tummy pain (and when I mean pain i mean P A I N!!!)
That I had trauma when I was little to my body AKA running myself over with a car. (yes it did happen I ran myself over with a car)
Stress (yeah I think just a bit with three boys yelling screaming and pounding on each other and their little sister who thinks needs attention 24/7)
Not known but found out
Liver stones (uh did you know you can get those?)
Intestine issues
Allergic to Lactose and gluten
(yeah No more milk products (plays the RIP song in her head) and no more bread (and I just learned how to make it) )
and that I have lower back stress along with shoulder stress
Crazy huh. I believe it though I mean what else could it be? I am going to see how it goes for two months. If nothing changes then I wasted 75 to be zoned and another 250 for meds (all natural) and she said she could possibly get me off of Effexor for life. *angelic singing* That alone would be great and if we could not pay for that monthly we would save 65 dollars a month. 65 * 12 = 780 dollars a year. HOLY hannah I could buy a CriCut with that oh and some cartridges. Ok anyways so that is my story hope you liked it. :D
I will let everyone know how it goes from here. OH and I can loose weight too :D YAY!!!! All around a great and positive experience so far.
7 comments:
I'm afraid I do indeed know what you're talking about, lol. I think I'm down to only 1 unknown issue. I'm supposed to be going to physical therapy to see if it will fix the problem. Doc thinks I may have a pulled / sprained / torn /otherwise injured muscle /tendong / ligmaent / nerve / some body component in my lower back. I just have to actually make the appointment and find the babysitters, etc. etc. I saw our medical costs for this year and I think I might hit our out of pocket max just before the end of the year. Since everything else is being held together with meds and such for the time being I'm gonna stick with that for now. Maybe in a few months or so I can fork over the cash to see if I'm keeping secrets in my feet ;)
I love reflexology! I use it on my kids all of the time.
Congrats on getting closer to feeling better!
And I thought going to a chiropracter was out on the fringes of medical expertise when he started doing pressure points on my fingers. He also recommended "essential oils" and drops of water that had been changed by "electrically charging" it to reach a medical goal of "Nirvana" so to speak.
I tried it all with no effect and a big outlay of $$$. I think I've learned my lesson. Don't go out on the fringe. I try not to anymore.
i don't think you're crazy. i think you're doing the right thing... you're doing what works for you and you've identified problems and hopefully solutions to problems that doctors haven't been able to daignose... you've found someone who can help you address them in ways that are safe, non-toxic and totally natural. our bodies are designed to heal themselves... we just need to make sure it has all the tools it needs to get the job done. :)
i don't think you're crazy. i think you're doing the right thing... you're doing what works for you and you've identified problems and hopefully solutions to problems that doctors haven't been able to daignose... you've found someone who can help you address them in ways that are safe, non-toxic and totally natural. our bodies are designed to heal themselves... we just need to make sure it has all the tools it needs to get the job done. :)
A lot of people have found help through alternative medicine. I hope you do too. But if I could be so bold as to recommend caution: be careful about stopping your Effexor. Talk to your husband or family--someone that can be completely honest with you. Put trust in that person to help you know if you are okay without the meds. It can be hard to evaluate your own moods.
Best of luck! Let us all know how it goes.
Karla, I just saw this post...my sister is a zonologist. She's a true believer. I don't have many health issues myself, but when the time comes, I will have no doubt but that she can help. I don't know that it can be a cure-all, but kudos to you for trying it out. :)
Post a Comment