Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Mom

For those who don't know I have been really sick this past week. To the point where I think its not fair that I cant zip my pants up because I have maybe eaten a total of 3 meals since Sunday. So with that said I want to tell you guys of how wonderful my mom is.
My mom first off is deaf. (for those who dont know) She works hard and tries really hard to make it for her family. She seems to be happy most of the time. Even though we have had our moments (what child doesn't) she is such a blessing to me.
So much that this past week she found out that I have been really sick. So on Tuesday she came over while I went to the dr and they told me that I have swollen lymph....(spelling??) And that I havent kept anything down for three days or everything I drank went right through me. So on Wednesday she came over at 10 am. She came in and we visited and talked for three hours. Took lunch to Seth and talked some more. Then I lost all of my lunch that I was able to eat. (I know isnt this just a thriller ;) )
After that she made me sit down and rest while she did all yes ALL of my laundry and then went on cleaning. She left and went on her merry way. Then this morning she came over at 8 in the morning and made sure breakfast was made and kids were fed, clothed and on their way to school. After that she started to deep clean my house. I mean washing walls, doing more laundry, orginizing, playing with truman, And still had time to talk to me. She is just WOW. I think I have been humbled so much by mom and her actions.
Now dont get me wrong Seth is great too. He has alot on his plate right now and for him to do what he does and come home and manage the kids is incredible. Anyways. Thanks for reading. I do love my mom. She is simply the best. Here are a few quotes that remind me of her.

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."
-- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
-- George Washington (1732-1799)

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
-- Honore' de Balzac

Because mothers are essential to God’s great plan of happiness, their sacred work is opposed by Satan, who would destroy the family and demean the worth of women.” Russell M. Nelson, “Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women,” Ensign, May 1999, 38

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That is so neat of your mom to come and help you out! I'm happy that you got some rest. After all that you have done for other people, (myself included) I'm glad that you got some help in return.

Laus said...

Moms are WONDERFUL! I'm sorry you've been so sick. Let us know if we can do anything...Steve usually has the car lately but we can certainly help out.

Corilee said...

What a nice tribute to your mother. You should let her read it. She needs to know how you feel.

Michelle said...

What an awesome mom! Hope you feel better soon.