Bear Lake Trip 2009
So we started a tradition last year of going to Bear Lake with my side of the family. It was so much fun this year. We decided to take the long way (up Provo canyon to WY then to bear Lake) It was so fun. We stopped and did what Seth's family did one year and that was take a picture on the Truck Ramp. I thought it was funny. I am not in most of the photos because I was the one behind the camera. Hope you enjoy the rest of the pictures.
So we started a tradition last year of going to Bear Lake with my side of the family. It was so much fun this year. We decided to take the long way (up Provo canyon to WY then to bear Lake) It was so fun. We stopped and did what Seth's family did one year and that was take a picture on the Truck Ramp. I thought it was funny. I am not in most of the photos because I was the one behind the camera. Hope you enjoy the rest of the pictures.

If you ever need to go to Bear Lake and dont have alot of funds. The KOA is the way to go. It has so many fun things for the kids to do. As the following. The Hay ride as show above.

GOLFING! The kids went daily and it was free. It wasnt the best but it kept them busy.
There is also a Tennis court, shuffle board, videos you can rent, shopping, swimming pools and more later. I hate how I cant tell when and how the pictures are going to show up on the blog so further down there should be more about the other things.

The kids enjoyed playing in the water and keeping themselves cool. No one got really burnt. Oh except for Seth and I who cannot walk normal because we are burnt.

These sno cones are the best. I love them so much. You can have normal one or you can have one that has a thing called a snocap. It is just sweet and condenced milk ontop of it. It makes it taste like ICECREAM. MMMMMMM it was good.
Yes here is the train ride. They have this and one other thing.The next pictures should all be of the Minatonka or Mineetonka cave. It is a MUST when you go to Bear Lake. Even though it is 444 steps in and 444 steps out so in total you are walking up and down 888 steps. Yeah talk about a work out a day after the lake. My legs are still killing me.
The call this one the Grinch because if you can see it you can see his fingers grabbing the "popcorn"
We went to Hell and back. There is this one place called Hell in the cave. Because it is the lowest point in the cave. LOL now I can tell my kids if they are naughty they will go there. Just kidding but seriously it was so neat.

Fat fat chipmunks. When we went to the cave these fat little things were everywhere. My kids giggled and laughed everytime they would run by. It was a blast.
The bride and groom room. The top is the bride and the bottom is the groom. WHen they reach eachother they will be wedded. THey have been waiting a LONG time. Also this is where they turn off all the lights. UH yeah you cant see a thing in there. It is so DARK. But then they did something really cool and that is they took my ring and to show that it is real they put the laser light on it. If it is real the stone will shine off red lights like a disco ball. It was really neat and YES my ring has a real dimond on it.
I thought this one was neat. You can see a ring in the middle of the formation. It was made there all by itself. I found it really cute that they called this the bride's engagements ring.
Mmmmmmmmmmm Cave baccon. This one was the biggest one in the whole thing. It is found in the ballroom of the cave and it is 21 ft long and in some places 18 inches tall. Crazy huh.
Our trip was amazing and we had so much fun going there. Hope you all had fun looking at the million of photos. :D
I am just happy we are home safe and sound. Oh and my sister she broke her ankel. That wasnt to fun. But it did teach her that we all love her and that she means alot to us.






5 comments:
SO FUN! It has been years since I've been to bear lake. I love it there. What a great tradition.
Those are some awesome pics Karla! I'm glad you all had such a great time. Bummer about your sister's broken ankle though.
That looks like a fantastic vacation!
I love all of these cute pictures. It looks like you had so much fun! I wish our family could do a big vacation like this. Maybe someday we can work it out!
What a lot of fun. Bear Lake is a favorite of mine too, especially the KOA. What a blast. So glad you had a fun time.
Post a Comment