Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer FUN!

So after a really bad start on summer it just keeps getting better. I guess its a good thing it started off bad. Maybe it was to teach me to enjoy the smaller things in life. Like this.

In April till the end of May I would have the worst allergies from this lovely tree that produces this Summer "snow". All of this fuzzy stuff is Every where. I just love it. But it does make it nasty for me in the spring. Oh well I cant wish for everything
Or this
When we went camping last weekend I really really wanted some Tinfoil dinners. So I went and bought some coal, mallows and Chocolate and we made smores and tinfoil dinners. My kids loved the tinfoil dinners so much that they want to do it again SOON. Very very soon.

Or even this
Yes I knew I could grow something. I am really proud of myself. My cantalope and my watermelon are showing very little life as of right now. But my peppers, sunflowers and tomatoes are growing. I am thrilled. I cant wait for my first bite of my home grown tomatoes with some mayo and bread. Mmmmmmm.

But I loved this.
But tonight was the best. We had just found out my mom forgot that she was to sit for us. So we were not able to go on the date we had planned for tonight. SO bummed out Logan suggested that we make a pool party of our own. We had Mac and Cheese for dinner and some Smore treats. Not like the ones over the fire but its like rice crispy treats but made with corn chex, chocolate, mallows, vanilla. Sooooooooooo good. OK so that is my summer so far. And i hope I can get doing something done in the morning or late evening to avoid the heat of the summer mid day. Love ya all and thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Koreena said...

Those pictures are great! Looks like a nice summers so far. This is the first year in several that I haven't grown my patio garden of veggies, but I just didn't have it in me this year. Your garden looks great! That top right picture of the "summer snow" is AWESOME!

Corilee said...

I didn't know it was called "summer snow," what a neat name and how pretty the pictures.

What lucky kids to have a mother who makes smores for them!

Stacey said...

Fun times!! That snow makes me want to sneeze. ;)

Michelle said...

Very fun! Hope you have a lot more this Summer.

KAT said...

I bought that same swimming suit for my daughter! It's such a cute suit.

Sandra Nixon said...

Wow, i love your collages! They are awesome. It was fun to have lunch with you last week:)

Jonathan said...

I love tin foil dinners! We finally got to do smores last week too--that's when you know its summer. It looks like a great summer for you so far.

Ora said...

You are such a fun family!