Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sane Sunday

Is this how your sundays are? So are mine.

I dont know what it is about other children on Sunday, but our kids. Our kids are INSANE on Sunday. It is the day they get irritated from being inside and not being able to play with friends. They have to waste food and make "things" out the food. They are not so nice to each other.
I have tired tonz of things to help them in their "horrible Sundays" but there is nothing that has helped them besides letting them goof off outside. I really would like them to be calm for one day. One day a week where they listen and are able to have fun with each other. Not to fight or hit. So any suggestions that have worked for you. No let me rephrase that question. Those who have Hyper children and have had something work for you that would be great. Thanks.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I wish I could help but I'm in the same boat. *HUGS*

Unknown said...

So what exactly *is* all over the place? It doesn't look good for you. Eeks!
Have you tried making up a Sunday Box / Basket? I haven't tried it, but I've heard it's great. Take a plastic tub or a basket or something and put activities, movies, games, etc. in there. Then ONLY let them play with the things in that box on Sunday. If you want them to only watch church videos on Sundays there are lots of those at the Distribution Center. You could print out activities from the church website from old Friend magazines. PUt in some puzzles, books, maybe even a journal for each of them and let them write or draw in their journals one time a week.
Maybe that would give SUndays something special to look forward to instead of a day to just feel trapped and insane.
Good Luck!

Holly said...

Unfortunately I have no great wisdom to share but I can commiserate with you. I do avoid planning much for Mondays so I can recuperate and rest from "the day of "rest"!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! what is that? I'd have died!!!

my kids are older now, so I can't remember, it's all a blur, but hugs dear