Monday, May 18, 2009

Nine years and counting

This day I will marry my friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
~Anonymous

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you' re just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have YOU... The one who turns to his friends and says, thats her...
~UnknownI met my dearest hubby in October of 1999. He said he liked my shoes and it reminded him of his mission. Then he said he liked my pants. (be still my heart that just takes your breath away huh). We were both attending the Singles Ward Prayer. I was sitting by myself and waiting for them to start. When he came up to me and asked me who I was and etc.
We went on our first date to Trafalga in Orem Utah. Then to Leatherbys in Provo.(which they dont have anymore) At first we had a rough spot. I was kinda ticked because he, Steve Lau and Gregg Crockett were all swooning over Jordana. (no offence Jordanna. Erin and I are ok now ;) ) So Erin the other gal on the date and I decided to just be ourselves and try not to impress anyone.
We were silly goofy and we thought all of our chances with these guys were blown. We then headed down to Leatherbys for dinner. As we were waiting I actually got to talk to him. We had a blast sitting there talking like old friends. He drank a glass of water with his whole mouth around the glass. Yes THE WHOLE MOUTH. Then I burped and it was true love since then. :)

I had alot of fun memories of dating my dearest. One will never be forgotten because we were with his Brother and My most favorite SIL Stacey. We went to Carvers for dinner. Everyone but me got Steak. I got Lamb. I had it once long ago but I wanted it again.
They had brought out dinner. The steaks looked nice but my lamb on the other hand looked better. Then I looked down onto my plate and what was there? Jello. Green yummy jello. They asked me what flavor it was and I took a BIG not small but a BIG spoonful and as soon as I put it in my mouth I remembered that it is the Mint Jelly that is supposed to go with the lamb. I laughed so hard. We all did. I about died. Ah good times. Anyways so that is my little story. Hope you enjoyed it.

I love being married to my Man. He is the best.

One year for Christmas we were poor. LOL I think most Christmas we are but anyways this year was pretty bad. I felt bad for only getting him something small when he wrote this poem. It came with one of my most favorite blankets.

I know we said “No presents dear,” But then I thought about it,

I hurt inside and it was clear, You shouldn’t go without it.


As I’ve watched you, a spirit free, Push on through all the pain.

No gifts have I, save one from me, So please let me explain.


You are the most deserving wife, You fill my world with love.

We had much more planned for our life, But then push came to shove.

The children came, and with them plight, And joy, and hope, and fears,

You took hold of your guiding light, You struggled through the tears.


I often stumble, begin to fade, Under all the strain,

You’re always there to give me aide, To help me stand again.


To work and school I often go, I try to do my part.

It’s hard for you and this I know, So I’ll give you my heart.


You’re with the kids before the dawn, I could not ever take it,

For you to use when I am gone, A simple cozy blanket


Now when I’m gone and you’re alone, Wrap up inside my heart,

And think of how I’ll soon be home, And all my love impart.

13 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww,now that is sweet!

Lisa said...

congrats on 9 years! i love the poem your husband wrote...very sweet!

Flee said...

OH! That was so sweet! I loved it!

Angie Page said...

That's so sweet! Happy 9th Anniversary!

ems said...

Wow, 9 years! That's awesome! Nice stories and I especially love the poem. Did Seth write it? It is so sweet!

Corilee said...

What a great christmas present! Such nice sentiments. Congrats on 9 years!

Koreena said...

Soooooo sweet! Those wedding pictures are so beautiful. Happy anniversary!

Jenn said...

Happy Anniversary! Jan and I have been thinking all day about May 18th, and how special it is for you! What a sweet poem Seth wrote--and what cute kids you have. I hope the next nine years are fabulous! (Well, actually the whole eternity...) :)

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

beautiful! happy anni~

Rake said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. Hope you had a great day!

MJ said...

How sweet! I hope you next 9 years are even better than the first 9 were! You need to have him get a pic of you wrapped in your blanket!

Unknown said...

What a tender post and a very lovely poem. You've got a "keeper".