Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Special Guest Post

I suppose that technically I'm not a guest since I wasn't asked to post on my wife's blog. However, I think I have the one-time right to post given that I'm the one that showed her how to do all this fancy computer stuff in the first place, and that the computers she uses to feed her online, blogging, forums, boards, photo habits in fact belong to me anyway. Call it a back payment.

Mostly I just wanted to take the opportunity to publicly thank her for being her. She's always so modest about herself and her talents. She definitely shares them as you've all been able to see. However, what very few people get to see is how much she loves people and loves life in general. She expresses this love through her talents and gifts. If anyone ever deserved 10 talents in return for their hard work in using the original 10 then it's her. I get to experience all of this first hand and though I'm sure that sometime I don't deserve it I definitely am blessed to be married to such a fantastic person. Her ability to love is quite possibly beyond my comprehension.

It's been nearly 9 years since we were married, and I've enjoyed every minute of it. She means the world to me, and I'm not quite sure what I would do without her. Often I wonder how I'm so lucky to have someone so accepting of my faults and weaknesses, but also so supporting in helping me to overcome them. Patience is really not the right word for it in this case. Longsuffering might do better. In any case, thanks babe for everything. While I know we've had our ups and downs just like everyone else, I'm looking forward with earnestness to all of the future ups and doing my best to not cause any more downs.

With Love as Always for Eternity,

-DH

11 comments:

Stacey said...

That is such a sweet post! :)

nora.lakehurst said...

Ok seriously I had NO IDEA. I was in bed at 8. Since I am not feeling so good. Then Danni is sick so I have been up with her.
WOW this is just WOW!!!!
Anyways so babe if you read this. I love you too. Right now has been hard for us and for you to do this is A MAZING! Love you

Jenn said...

What a sweet post! Seth wins the nice husband award. Someday when I get married, make sure to tell my husband to do this for me. And it's fun to hear all about Karla!

Steve and Chelle said...

Oh oh OHHHH! You are too cute Sethie! Seriously!!

I've noticed Karla's goodness too! She really is just GOOD to the core! :)

Love you both!!

Kimberly said...

AWWWW

Flee said...

Squishy!

ems said...

Precious! I that is really just so sweet! It almost made me have a tear!

Karla is absolutely wonderful. What a nice idea to do a post for her!

Jake and Shell said...

So sweet my teeth hurt! What a nice husband to notice and publicly share how wonderful his wife is. You are lucky to have each other!

Lisa T. said...

That is very sweet. What a thoughtful husband you have. And all he said is very true. (You better give him some special Valentines love for that!)
P.S. I haven't seen anyone with classical music on their blog. I love it!!

alisonwonderland said...

so wonderful! (way to go, DH.)

p.s. i also love the classical music!

Anonymous said...

how very sweet! what a blessing it is to be married to such great men that adore us :)