Wednesday, January 7, 2009

To my FIL!

"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26
He is a man of great faith. He is one to make any person strong. What a guy. When Ethan was little we asked him "Who is our Heavenly Father?" and he replied "Grandpa is our Heavenly Father." Truman has called him that too. So cute!! Well what kid wouldnt? He is kind, sweet and funny. And he has white hair.

Seth is alot like his dad in many ways. Not easy to embarrass. Fun to be around and just a great guy. See pic below. It is just like his dad. Now I am not sure how hairy he is but I think I can you know live without that information.



When Seth and I were about married I had to do a profile thing on him. And it asked who his hero was. I put down Joseph Smith. And I read his and it said My dad. He has always seen you as a perfect dad. This is how Seth feels (well the way I see it) in the poem below.

Hero Dad

You are my hero, Dad
You're my secure foundation.
When I think of you, I'm filled with love
And fond appreciation.
You make me feel protected;
I'm sheltered by your care.
You're always my true friend;
When I need you, you're always there.
You have a place of honor
Deep within my heart.
You've been my superhero, Dad,
Right from the very start.
By Joanna Fuchs

When I married I got a new father,
A special father in law;
That made me very happy,
And a little bit in awe.
You're a man who cares,
With an understanding heart.
You're also filled with wisdom;
No wonder my spouse is smart!
Thanks for being so cordial;
Thanks for welcoming me;
It feels really good to be part
Of your special family.
By Joanna Fuchs

Ok so I dont have a picture of me and Dad. But.... I do have a great story. The year My SIL married her sweet DH. (pictured above) her DH's dad passed away that following July. I remember helping my SIL move to her new house somewhere. And I remember going out to the truck and almost making it in and saying some dumb remark (like I always do) And Joe said something to Dan and Dan just smiled and cried and Joe went over and hugged him. In that moment I saw at Father In Law step in and become a "father" for my BIL. WOW ok Now I am crying again.






Anyways so with that I am going to end. I love you Joe. I know Corilee and you dont like it when I call you that but it just makes it more personal to me. So hip, hip hooray for you. LOVE YA!


4 comments:

Corilee said...

What a sweet post! I love him, too, Karla. He is a great person and I'm glad I married him.

Stacey said...

That was a very sweet post.

On the other hand you all are making me look bad since I didn't make a long post about Papa Joe. ;)

alisonwonderland said...

beautiful post! you had me crying and i don't even know the man. :)

Rana said...

This is really sweet.