1. I go in and am greeted by an awesome gal. She remembers my name. Maybe because my hair is going orange.....Or maybe I smell or something like that LOL. Ok so going on.
2. I fill out this exciting paper of how I felt since our last visit and how my progress was. Apparently my score of pain was pretty high so it was not a good visit to begin with. I dont know how they do it day to day to hear people tell them how much they hurt. I bet it gets pretty sad sometimes when they feel like they can't help.... wait I know this because I asked him and he said "It does kinda get sad when my people dont get better and fall back." He is so nice huh.
3. Then I go either into a room of my own. Or as a first today lay down with everyone there (it was kinda nice then I didnt break out and bawl) I am a people person. Gotta have my peeps. And they put this really heavy hot pad on. Anyday but today it always feels so nice. I almost start to dream with this thing on. But today I wanted to tear it off because it freakin HURT. OH well Its my fault i could have told them that then they would have givin me something else.
4. Then I do my streaches. But today #4 was another massage from some kind of a probe looking thing. I dont know when I see a probe I am like "Uhhhh what are you doing with that sir?" LOL no im kidding. They dont do that there..... I am so werid today.
5. Finish my streaches and a massage theripist comes in and either do hand massage or do electrotherapy massage. That feels so cool. I love it. Its like tiny little hands going into the very muscle of where it hurts and just soothing the beast of pain. Ah I love it.
6. Go and make my next appointment and go on my merry way. Like i said like any day but today I am happy. Today I was a beast. I am so serious I was not mad but I was NOT HAPPY. I cried like three times. Everytime I was left alone I would cry.
7. go home to my kids who pull on my newly massaged arm and pull it so it hurts till the next time.
Here is the photo of the room I get greated to. I was the last person to leave. So there was no excitement there.
Then this next photo is Kirk. My PT. I think he should so hook up with my sil. But I dunno how they both feel about being set up.
5 comments:
It isn't fun when you are hurting and you go in. I had PT during my pregnancy because my body was stretching out too fast... every time I got the massage it hurt like crazy.... I was a big wienie and cried in front of her - kudos to you for staying so strong. Hang in there, even though there are some set backs you'll eventually be better!
My pt has finally gotten to the point where it doesn't hurt now, it's just hard to do. Hang in there, it does get better.
lubs,
Mither
I bet she remembers you because of your smell. ;)
I hope your arm feels better soon.
Wow. Sounds like a lot of fun...or not. But I'm sure it's all worth it if this will finally bring you some relief in the long run. We're excited to see you soon!
Just wait until some day they turn the electro-massager thingies up too high. It makes all the muscles contract at once! Yeah, that's not nice.
Post a Comment