Monday, November 10, 2008

A Small Scare

Today was going ok. I thought I was getting better, and it seemed like things were looking up. That Seth would be able to get back to work. I slept most of the day. First off, thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. They've been felt today. As I was trying to re-cooperate I had a "fun little scare."

Seth left to pick up the boys from school, Danni and I were at home sleeping. Everything was fine. While he was gone I got up and I suddenly had to throw up. That was the first time, and I didn't think anything of it. The second time was much worse. Not to be gross but it looked like there was blood clots in it. I was very scared because my family has problems with blood clots.

Trying not to over-react was fairly difficult. I didn't handle it well. I didn't take my pain meds because I was worried they had caused all this. I called Seth crying, and asked him what to do. He told me to call the surgeon. When the surgeon called me back he told me to go straight to the ER. Then I was panicking. I started having chest pains and anxiety attacks because of the things that have happened to my family in the past.

While I waited for Seth to get home I felt peace and knew everything would be okay, even though I was still scared. I called my mom and asked her to come and take the kids. Seth would take me to the hospital, even though I hate the hospital. While we were waiting I felt bad because I scared the kids. Especially Logan. I never want the kids to be that scared again.

They brought me back quickly (without having to wait). I explained a number of times the problem, and they started to do all the normal tests. They drew some blood and did give me some pain meds. From that point on I don't remember much about what happened. Seth says that they came back with a bunch of negative tests (in these cases negative are all good).

At the end they called the surgeon and he decided to give me some anti-biotic just in case they had missed something. Once that was done they let me come home. Anyway, I just wanted to share my "fun" day with everyone. Thanks to everyone that helped out and called to make sure I was okay.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious! I'm so glad to hear that you're okay . . . I hope there are no further complications in your recovery! *HUGS*

Stacey said...

I'm glad everything is ok. That kind of thing is so scary! Don't you wish you could just snap your fingers and be better? *HUGS*

Love your new blog theme. :)

Kelli said...

Wow! I'm glad you are okay. How scary! I'm sorry you had to go through that!!

ems said...

WOW, SCARY!! So sorry, I hope you feel better and don't have any more scares. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Michelle said...

HOpe that things only get better from here! I'll come visit soon and take care

Rana said...

Woah! That is scarry, aren't we glad we have the spirit and he can tell us and comfort us when things will be alright. So sorry your kids got so scared, I'm glad Mom could come and help.

E n D said...

OH, how scary! I would freak out! I'm glad all the tests were negative!