Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday Thankfulness

Ok I know I posted yesterday but I feel so inclined to post as much as I can for the next few days while I have two hands. Its just not the same to have someone else type your blog for you. It just feels funny.
Anyways........................ So my thankfulness is. Our men in the service. I have many friends who have loved ones who serve or have served.
Marion her Brady
Felicia her Dave
Heather her John
My brother Troy
My Uncle Mike
My Grandfathers on both sides
And many more.

My love for these men who serve us is more than I can express. I was so impressed with how many children I saw from Ethan and Logan school Halloween parade there was of boys and girls who dressed up in Camo and uniforms. It was heart warming.

This past July I was asked to sing in sacrament. I was delighted. I practiced and practiced many hours even with the thought of all these wonderful people I did great no tears, no nervousness, I felt ready and I was going to make it through this with out any problems.
I chose to sing "America the Beautiful". Which to me is the best song ever. It describes how I feel about my freedom, my country and my love for my rights.

Well I got to the part where it says :

"O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine! "

I bawled so hard. I couldnt get anything out. I looked at the dear friends I have and their tears and the man sitting behind me. I almost just wanted to go to him thank him and just hug him.

Anyways the next one is also one of my favorite verses.

"O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea! "

So with that said. Thank you! Thank you to all those who sacrifice so much for us to be safe and for others in other countries to feel safe. Some may hate you but I love you. If that makes any difference at all then so be it. I am so PROUD to be an AMERICAN and I know that it is YOU who make it FREE for us. God bless you and your families for giving so much for us.

Here is most of the kids who dressed up, My camera was hating me so I didnt get to have some really neat ones. And they were running so its kinda hard to see but there was a lot of kids who did. Much more than I captured.


I also wanted to add this. I am so GLAD that tomorrow all of this political stuff will be over with. Well for the most part. The church is getting such a beating. From the Prop. 8 thing. Its getting way out of hand. Geeze louise.

2 comments:

Corilee said...

Cheers for feelings of Pride in our great Country!!! All I can say is ditto, ditto, ditto. I'll bet the people who heard you got all choked up too. I would have. So, did you vote, today?

Luvs,
Mither

Stacey said...

Awesome post! :)

Yeah have you seen that new Prop 8 commercial? Totally ridiculous!