Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Year New......

So with that title I guess I should explain.  I was all excited for this new year.  The goals I had were pretty awesome.  Walk 1,000 miles in 2014 which would have me walk every day except Sunday 3.5 miles.  But then I got sick.  I mean really sick.  First a sinus infection then a tummy bug then again a tummy bug.  So I went to my Dr and I have some issues that I have to work out before I can uh. work out.

My other goal was to NEVER go to the ER again.  So far so good. (knock on wood)

No surgeries like, ever. I am scheduled to be put under for some shots to numb my shoulder and other problematic issues for a good 3 to 6 months.  So it's not technically a surgery so I think I am good there.

Be a better mom, sister, daughter, friend etc.  Just all around better person.  Be more on top of things when things arise, and to be more willing to do things for others.   I have been pretty on top of this one.  I even made a really yummy dessert for a funeral tomorrow.  I just hope they like it because uh, I never made it before and I thought it sounded yummy.  Oh and I didn't have a recipe so I really, really hope they like it and it isn't a gross thing I just made.  That leads me to my other goal.

Make new foods.  So far this year I have made maybe two things I have never made before or since I have had kids.  I am also trying to get Truman and Dannan to like more foods.  They are seriously some of the most pickiest people on this earth.  Finally got Dannan to like spaghetti sauce and Alfredo sauce.  It is a miracle!  I bet the food angels were like "Woot woot!  Raise the heavenly roof"

I am also going to try blogging.  More for my sake and the sake of my children. Just because I am horrible at  keeping a journal and I want my kids to know what had gone on.  So some times these post will be more for the sake of writing things down and maybe sometimes they will be funny.

This year has brought so far answers to things I have been waiting for.  My sister is gone on her mission.  By the years end we will be writing 2 missionaries from our own family.  CRAZY!  What is even more crazy is to think that in just 6 to 7 years we will be writing missionaries from my womb.  HOLY COW! I am so not old enough to have a kid passing the sacrament let alone going on missions.  Crazy times.

Ethan is in another play.  This time he has the lead and it is a musical!  YAY!  I have always wanted to be in a play.  I think I have what it takes. Just time.  All I need is time.  He is excelling in school and doing what is best for him.  He has been pretty good about other things that have bugged his dad and I.  He is getting up by himself for the most part. Getting ready and taking showers without being reminded.  He is trying to get his Eagle before he is 14.  This is something Seth and I are trying to have all of our kids do before then.  Just because after that it is all about dating, mission prep stuff and ya know High school work is really hard and time consuming.

Logan is just his cute self. Being more and more in tune with his little cousins and their needs.  He is like a little mother hen to his littlest cousins.  Babying them and giving them extra love.  Being a great little friend to those who are left out at school.  I was picking him up one day from school and some kids were mocking him.  He got in the car saddened.  I told him. "you know what they are just having a hard time processing your total awesomeness."  He smiled and said "thanks mom."  At least I did that right.

Truman is just a busy little bee.  He is going one friend to another.  Making sure they all know that he cares.  He has two really good friends that I know about and three girls who have told me they LOVE him.  It is cute because they are like "don't tell him.  Because I dont want him to know.  But I really like him, he is just so nice to girls and is always being a great friend."  Its so cute.  Ah elementary love.

Dannan is LOVING her time in the Portuguese program.  She is always so happy and I get told that she is always a friend and is willing to help out whenever she is asked.  She has been told that she is super nice and cute.  She knows it and I think that this is going to be a problem.  I try to keep her grounded and tell her that she is special just like everyone else.  Everyone is special in their own ways.  We just have to make sure we find it and let them know.

Let see.  I think that is all.  I am kind of bored as of late and I really don't have much to report.  I hope all of you readers out there are doing well and you should update your blogs.  Because I do check the blog daily.  Now just to write again.  Maybe I'll start writing about my childhood again.  If you read this would you be interested in reading about childhood memories??? K thanks for reading. 

No comments: